M-atx motherboard advice

Discussion in 'Mainboards / CPU / RAM' started by ronaldus, October 24, 2005.

1. ronaldus

ronaldus Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important

Spdif
    good standby function
    socket a or 754 (AMDbased)

Do you have any good experience with a m-atx board let me know

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jdiffend

jdiffend Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First of all, I'd go socket 754 and a 64 bit CPU. It's close to the same price for the speed and socket A is now a dead end.

I also think you'll find features like hi-def audio are more common on 754 boards than Socket A and you can get built in DirectX 9 support in hardware.

I have a Jetway I love and there is a 754 version of it. But they didn't put SPDIF on the 754 version of the board. Otherwise it would be perfect.

Look for ATi and NVidea chipset boards that support DirectX 9.
    There should also be a DirectX 9 capable VIA chipset on the market some time soon... possibly by the end of the year.

Just look for the features you want and the proper TV out for your setup. Many boards don't have TV out.

4. jdiffend

jdiffend Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That was kinda vague so I did a search on my vender of choice's site. Here are the possible candidates they had. You'll need to research the features to make sure which ones have everything you need since it was just a search based on video/form factor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Value=757:7619&Submit=Property&SubCategory=22

This is the board I use but it's socket 939. The A200GDMS version is socket 754 *IF* you can find one... but no SPDIF.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813153027

5. fathead

fathead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!