Codecs M2TS+VC-1 with Windows Seven x64 (1 Viewer)

Ticiano

Portal Pro
August 16, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi guys,

I just tryed everything to make this things work. This is the situation: I ripped the "The Police - Certifiable" BD in my HTPC and brought the files to my desktop to reencode and make a backup to keep in my HTPC storage. But... here I'm using Win7 x64 and having that codecs headaches... with this disc, that has M2TS container with 1920x1080/60i VC-1 vídeo and TrueHD Audio, I just can't open the M2TS files with any software... no one of the players I tryed can handle with the file and I can't open it with AVS Script Creator in Megui... The system just can't work with this video no mather what I try.

I know there is more especific comunities to talk about this kind of issue, but I just like the people here and I know we have some experts arround.

Thank's for any tip.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello.

For interlaced VC-1 you will need either Microsoft Video Codec, comes wih media player 11, or Arcsoft H.264/VC-1 codec.

The most stable, at least for me, is the MS one.
    You should demux the VC-1 to mkv with eac3to and then open MKV with an AVISynth sript editor in MeGUI.
    You will also need Haali splitter for MeGUI to be able to open your mkv.

P.S. MPC-HC video codec is unable to handle interlaced VC-1.
    P.S. Make sure u have the right filters installed and that their merits are correctly set since AVISynth is using DirectShow merits in order to open a video file.

Hope that helps.

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Thanks Kotik, but I can´t even start... I tryed to install the MS codec but it says I have to install first a SDK, so I try to install that SDK and it says it can´t be installed in a x64 version of Windows... what a mess... :confused:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    You might wanna take a look here.

Since there is a special way to set codecs under windows 7. And don't forget u will need x64 version of all the codec including Haali splitter.

P.S. I guess you have a x64 version 7 right?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Since there is a special way to set codecs under windows 7. And don't forget u will need x64 version of all the codec including Haali splitter.

Actually when using 32 bit application on 64 bit OS you need to have 32 bit versions of the directshow filters. So, correct haali version is 32 bit when used with MediaPortal.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Actually when using 32 bit application on 64 bit OS you need to have 32 bit versions of the directshow filters. So, correct haali version is 32 bit when used with MediaPortal.

Tourettes, i think he is trying to use codecs and splitters under MeGUI and not MP.

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Thank you guys. I'm spending a day out, but I'll try this later and tell you what happens.

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I think we made some progress... now the preview comes up, but just a green interlaced frame... any idea? :)

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    I oppened the video with Megui. It's only possible if I put the VC-1 and the audio streams into an mkv container... Now, how I'll put all the sequence of m2ts files into a single mkv... :confused:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello.

You should demux the VC-1 to mkv with eac3to and then open MKV with an AVISynth sript editor in MeGUI.

I already stated on my 1st post that you will need to demux video into an .MKV container.......
    Sorry but if you need more info regarding MeGUI you should read it's manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom