M4V anyone? / Balanced setup. (1 Viewer)

arctork

Portal Member
August 12, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 (I think)
MediaPortal Skin: X Factor
Windows Version: Vista

Hi,

I have just recently installed media portal, and so I'm still having fun trying to get it all setup the way I would like. Still getting to know all the plugins / codecs that I should have etc.

My latest problem is that I have a few dvd's that I downloaded digital copies of from Itunes in m4v format. I have discovered that in order to get those to play I added the extension to the extensions list in the MP Configuration tool. But I also had to set Quicktime as the external player to replace the media portal player in order to play the m4v movies. The error I got was

Unable to play: "filename.m4v"
Video codec: AVC
Audio codec: AAC version 4 LC

Also quicktime doesn't seem to play all too many formats or at least the ones I want it to. Is there another player that will play m4v files and everything else? Can I specify a player for certain file types somewhere? Or is there a better way to do this? Maybe a certain plugin or set of codecs I'm not aware of?

How do I balance the set up of media portal so that it plays all the file types I need either through external players or hopefully get everything to play in media portal itself.

I've heard people saying to include your logs ... where do I find these logs? *goes to search for them*

THanks,

gsi095

Portal Member
August 30, 2010
Home Country
I got a protected itunes movie to play by enabling the itunes external player in Mediaportal config/plugins and adding .m4v to the itunes external player list so then when I open a .m4v file, iTunes will play the video in fullscreen (set fullscreen in the itunes preferences). I just need to make it look good and work with a remote,

e.g. play,pause etc and to be able to close it and mediaportal come back

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom