Major memory leak? Error about running out of memory and closing mediaportal.exe (1 Viewer)

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
September 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 32bit
CPU Type: AMD Phenom II
HDD: WD Green
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI 5450HD
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.1
Sound Card: ATI 5450HD
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Catalyst 10.1
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

So, ever since I updated to Mediaportal 1.1.2 I've had this problem. After 4-7 days of my HTPC being running (seemingly dependent on usage during that timeframe), I will suddenly get a popup windows message in the middle of watching a show/movie/etc saying that the PC is almost out of Memory and Windows needs to kill mediaportal.exe. I never received this error before upgrading from 1.1.1 and now I get it constantly.

Is this a known issue? Any way to fix it? If I kill mediaportal.exe and rerun it everything is fine for another 4-7 days.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Before we can help you, we need logs. Im sorry Im on mobile phone now so I cannot put link here how to collect debug logs. But basically there is a shortcut in start menu to run Mp in debug mode. It also starts log collecting tool. Run mp started that way and collect logs after you have killed Mp and received memory complaints.

Br,

tranceguy

January 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think it's a mem leak cause then you probably got it earlier too. But like the post above me you have to provide us with some more info about the message.

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well like I said I never got the message until I upgraded to 1.1.2 - so I assumed it was something inadvertently introduced into that version.

I'm at work right now so I can't restart mediaportal with debugging turned on (maybe it already is though, not sure).

I'll try to remember to restart MP with debugging on when I get home and leave it like that until it gets the error again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom