Make a donation to MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    in the mean time if there is anything i can donate in the way of hardware I can send it to who ever needs it i have a wide array of hw that i have collected and bought ranging from whole computers to t.v. cards and mce remotes. again i love the software and you guys are the leader in media center software in my book
    Thank you very much for your offer!

Sadly we do not have much/any developers located in the US atm. This is what we would need the most to get support for US specific tv-streams/hardware/usecases enhanced. :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sadly we do not have much/any developers located in the US atm. This is what we would need the most to get support for US specific tv-streams/hardware/usecases enhanced.

In fact only ajp8164 is currently active, and he is heavily involved in GUI improvements for MP1.

So anyone like to donate one or two USA developers to our cause, feel free!!, especially if they have knowledge of DirectX or ATSC TV.

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Donation of £50 on the way, long overdue, but better late than never :)
    Thanks for all the help over the years from great forum members and staff.

Jimmy

Capodastro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    I use MP since many years and it would be time for me to become "consistent". We don't use paypal, ideal would be some bank account where to transfer the money. Is that possible? If don't, are there other solutions available?
    Thanks!

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    I use MP since many years and it would be time for me to become "consistent". We don't use paypal, ideal would be some bank account where to transfer the money. Is that possible? If don't, are there other solutions available?
    Thanks!
    I am sorry but we only have paypal. That said, you don't need an paypal account to make a donation. There are options for none-PayPal users on the PayPal page the donate feature sends you to. :)

Capodastro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks for the prompt answer!
    OK, I propose two different options and you tell me what you like better:
    Option 1
    I do what you said and I send by paypal approx. 100 Euro.

Option 2
    A few days ago I purchased a Sundek SkyTV Ultimate III, a great card very estimated under Linux, made by passionate people who even write by them self the drivers for this special card. The card doesn't work sufficiently under MP, the generic BDA driver seams to be insufficient. I could purchase a second card and let it send on your preferred address.
    By the way, they sell the card "including" a megagalactic hyper super arena-theater program, but in the shipment there is no trace of such wonder. In the own forum they confess that they like better working on cards and drivers, dedicating the own effort in this direction. It was my intention proposing a solution: who comes to work too late must code during one hour "The Megagalactic", as punishment. Of course MP would also be a solution. :)

please, let me know!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Option 2

A few days ago I purchased a Sundek SkyTV Ultimate III, a great card very estimated under Linux, made by passionate people who even write by them self the drivers for this special card. The card doesn't work sufficiently under MP, the generic BDA driver seams to be insufficient. I could purchase a second card and let it send on your preferred address.
    Thanks for the offer! Our lead TvEngine Dev is currently taking a break, so currently there is no team member I can think of who could actually use that card to enhance it's support under MP.

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Capodastro

Might be worth contacting the vendors Sundek regarding why this card will not work with our tvserver, could just be a setup issue that needs to be overcome.

Capodastro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So, reflecting I think you are right. But first the "topic". I never used paypal before, would you confirm following, please?

Guten Tag Petra Aichmann!
    Mit dieser E-Mail wird bestätigt, dass Sie über PayPal eine Spende an James Bristow 100,00 EUR gesendet haben.

Now the driver problem:
    The card is pretty unusual, for example looks like a stick and if you attach it by USB3 without using an LNB switch you don't need an external power source. The linux driver looks also quite special and unique. I got the precompiled modules installed by a script and I assume the modules are not opensource. I can understand that: a small innovative company in Germany with big and established competitors can't disclose the construction of the own cards. If I am not wrong MP is opensource and here is the question: as consequence they should look for the fit. They made the same thing under linux by modifying Kaffeine, however also the official version works fine on my system.
    I checked the cardunder windows 7/8 with the same result: it works, but the transponders scan is buggy. I get only partially the astra 19.2 channels (swiitch 1) and no channel on hotbyrd (swiitch 2). Perhaps it happened already by other cards, what makes the solution easy.
    Anyway, I have some contact with the Sundtek moderator (also an engineer like the other people there). I could ask him to make contact with you. Possibly you both would find an interesting solution for both sides.
    Let me know!
    Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom