[TV] make from vlan plugin a stand alone DVB-x receiver (1 Viewer)

lipton

Portal Member
May 1, 2008
Hi all,
Before I start my expiation, thanks for all the hard work that is being done in Mediaportal.:D
Live TV plug-in that works with TVS is not really working for me.
It’s slow in channel changing and unstable when scanning for channels he freezes or block my complete pc. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but the plug-in is not my cup of thee.:(

The idea that you have a choice to choose a standalone version or a network version looks cool to me.
Therefore I was looking for a new solution.
I search the internet and found out that vlc 1.0.1 can do the trick. It can handle DVB-s and other DVB transports.
And Vlc (aka vlan) is already being used in MP as a streaming plug in.

I did a test with the vlan plug-in that is created by moiristo .
I went to the plug-in configuration of vlan in MP and paste the command line that vlc uses to find transport (dvb-s://frequeny=11538000) in the test tab and tv was working with out TV server.:cool:
And you can record it form in the test tab.
Because the plug-in was not created to open DVB-s he started first channel on the transport but there was now way to change the channels.

If you go to VLC the connection to the DVB-s is quick and easy if you now where to look.;)
For people that never tried it (please use the last version of vlc 1.0.1)

GO to media and open capture device - - > capture mode on DVB Directshow - - > DVB mode on DVB-S option and than fill in the transporter parameters and click play
You can change the channels in the menu bar under playback - - > Program
There is basic epg support, teletext and recording option

There are still some questions I’m looking in to:

- Can it support smartcard to decode pay TV or emulator to share local cards
- How to export channel list to a playlist out of the toolbar that way it is easier to use

After explaining all this I need to tell you guys I don’t know how to program or skin :sorry:but I can test and look for the bugs if there are any.

I hoop there is some interested in create this plug-in so there are more choices how to use media portal.

For the time being I’m using “My programs “to open DVBprog to watch, record, epg and teletxt.

Thx for all the hard work so fare!!:D

PS: VLC 1.0.1 can also do Blue ray playback and some other stuff that can be used in MP.
PPS: the next 2 weeks can’t reply to any questions because I’m traveling

Regards

Lipton

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom