[other] Make it possible to receive EMM from scrambled channel. (1 Viewer)

Emil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Started on: 2012-06-16
    last update: 2012-06-16

Summary:
    You can not update EMM from a scrambled channel if the channel it is not descrambled, but to descramble can require a new EMM ( a catch-22 problem could occur).
    Area:
    TV Server, EMM and ECM

Description:

If you had a long holiday or some other reasons that make you missed EMM updates and the subscription on the cards become out of date, then you got a problem.

You need to be connected to a scrambled channel for up to 20 minutes before you receive EMM signal and the decoding start works. The problem is that MP everywhere stop timeshift when it realizes that it is a scrambled channel.

This has happened once for myself, and I solved it by connect an old DecoderBox and let it be connected for a period before I move the card into my MP configuration.

Suggestion: Do not stop to TimeShift the signal in "Media Portal Server Configuration/ Manual Control" even if the channel is scrambled; just give message about it like the popup message used today but continue to timeshift. (I assume that mdapifilter.ax could handle that)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom