[TV] Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

when watching tv in fullscreen and pressing stop on your remote a warning dialog (timeshift buffer will be lost) will be shown and you have to press stop again to stop tv.

Some people may like this "feature" but for others (like me) it's just a useless additional keypress. Also when I'm in the tv screen (not watching fullscreen) and press stop the warning message is not shown.

My proposal:
    • Make the warning dialog optional (setting in config)
    • If selected, always show dialog

:D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent

+1

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Won't change in future, as you only need a second STOP and we already have to many options in config.

Simone

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I find it strange that you would think that an additional (unneccesary for some/most users) keypress for such a frequent action as "stop tv" wouldn't even be worth an option in the config... :confused:

Also what's your take on the warning showing only sometimes (when in fullscreen)?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also what's your take on the warning showing only sometimes (when in fullscreen)?

It's shown everytime, or maybe you press stop for too long or twice and so you won't even see the dialog :p

Simone

I really don't think that's the case: When your not in fullscreen tv (tv screen, home screen,...) and tv is playing 1 (one) keypress will immediately stop tv.

And that was the case for as long as I recall using mp to watch tv.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent

I really don't think that's the case: When your not in fullscreen tv (tv screen, home screen,...) and tv is playing 1 (one) keypress will immediately stop tv.

And that was the case for as long as I recall using mp to watch tv.
    You are true.
    It's because in this case, it's MediaPortal itself wich has hand for stop player, instead of TV plugin.

Attachments

• ZZZZ.patch
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom