[TV] Make "timeshift buffer will be lost" warning dialog optional and consistent (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Lol I asked this long ago and I never understood the reasoning for keeping the dialog

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...button-doesnt-work-fullscreen-tvclient-41103/

I would like to see a user complaining "I lost my timeshift buffer because I stopped TV"

Some remotes have stop/pause button close to each other and it is possible to press stop by an accident. Now this doesn't have any bad side effects, unless you are watching time shifted material as you will lose part of the movie / program.

Yeah, still, anything can happen "by accident" so in my opinion it's not very good approach to design things. Current dialog disturbs normal users and is useful only for those who are careless, and who would probably learn when making the mistake first time, if the dialog wouldn't be there.

i cant agree with that.

i think the confirm dialogue is totally necessary.

Every program i think of will ask you if you really want to exit without saving so you dont loose your work. So in this case, a dialogue should ask if you want to loose your "work" ie timeshift buffer.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But why is it then ONLY in fullscreen?

Also someone proposed to change the dialog options

to "continue", "stop" AND "never show this again"

So everybody should be happy with this then :D

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    any news on this?
    Can we have something in config to disable that window, if we must hold it ?
    Or better take the solution of gmx, with the "dont show me again", that would be perfect solution.

Greetings Harley

bowlofpuddin

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    I kinda like the idea of mediaportal asking before I hit stop, but only in fullscreen. When youre in window mode usually theres no reason to hit pause or anything like that so accidently hitting stop in that situation isn't as likely. I use autohotkey to put mediaportal back to the home menu, stop playing the current video (or audio), then turn the monitor off. The first time I tested it out I had it set to stop playback, then go to the home screen. At which time mediaportal asked if i wanted to stop the timeshift buffer because it was in fullscreen. Making mediaportal go back to the home screen first solved the issue. I just recently discovered the power scheduler service and now I can even let the pc go to sleep when its not busy recording (or removing commercials, only took me like a week to figure out how to use comskip and comclean properly). Now all thats left to do is to wire up a circuit thatll hit the power button on the pc to wake it up when I hit a button on my remote (shouldnt be too hard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom