Making a few modifications to skin (1 Viewer)

JRNeher

Portal Member
August 29, 2005
First of all I have to say that MP is great and, though I have not had it long, I am enjoying all of the features and figuring out new tricks. Right now I am trying to fix how files are displayed. This is what I am looking to do:

I have a music file on my hard drive named song_title in a folder called artist_name.
I want to be able to display the music where when you go into MP it shows the artist as a folder (which is working GREAT) and then show the song titles when you go into the artist folder (this is NOT consistently working). This is where my hangup comes. Some songs are displayed the way I want, some songs are displayed as: artist_name-song_title, and yet again others will throw in an "unknown" in the song_title field. I would like it to display as I have mentioned above, with only the title of the song displayed in the artist's folder, but AT LEAST I would like the song filenames to be consistent.

My question, obviously, is how do I do this? I have tried modifying the filename itself, I have tried using the database program to modify the database (maybe not using it correctly??), but nothing seems to work. I have been using the skin editor along with modifying the xml directly. When I used the editor I found these "controls" listed and didn't know if these maybe needed to be modified as I could not find them anywhere in the MediaPortal folder. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Jake[/i]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom