Making MP boot quicker (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
So what are everyones services settings in 'Control panel->Computer Management->Administrative Tools'?

Im trying to get MP to boot a bit quicker (currently ~1 minute), and have been playing around with my services settings. bear in mind that i dont use my PC to connect to the internet, so i have turned various internet connection settings off.

what else could i do to speed up the loading time (a big chunk of the time is currently taken up in waiting for TV server connection in the MP splashscreen)?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
i cant really use S3 standby because i have a NovaT-500 Tv card and they have issues with reinitialising quick enough when waking up from standby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from hibernation. From the Windows 7 desktop, I pressed the START button on the remote control to start MP 1.25f. On the MP splash screen, the "Starting TV Server" text appeared unexpectedly. After a long wait...
I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
Replies
Views
I thinks this is the first time I've installed MP on all my machines without a single IO error 32. Good work guys, thanks!
I thinks this is the first time I've installed MP on all my machines without a single IO error 32. Good work guys, thanks!
We have just released MediaPortal 1.26 - Winter is coming... Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5031] - Fix Invalid File...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5031] - Fix Invalid...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge traversal/security if I access server from outside my network. But from everything I can find MPExtended isn’t yet released for MP2, so the iPhone app won’t work to watch MP2 server content? I’m guessing MP1 is...
Just for clarity. I thought having mobile clients for MP2 would be cool. Hence a lot of thought about firewall and edge...
I'm struggling to get MP2 working here on just a client/server on same machine config. I'm running Win7. The eventual goal is a...
Replies
Views
I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while coming round about as the are sometimes a few patches that apply to a specific problem and sometimes need to be applied in a specific order for the fix to be successful. Do this for all the plugins you would...
I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while...
Hi everyone. I am a big fan of MediaPortal. I have been using it for several years now and I hope to do so in the future. I have a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom