Making MP more consistent in playing and adding tracks to playlist (1 Viewer)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    okay - using latest svn you still do not have covers?

Were they added to your thumbs\folder directory? Any suspicious configuration.log entries after scanning?

SVN 12-12 works prefectly, thx for speeding up the browsing of shares:p

I saw that your also fixed the now playing enqueuing of scrobbled sugestions. MP now pop-ups a error message that no tracks are in playlist, so MP cant add the track to the playlist. Good work !

One sugestion on my part would be that MP always uses a playlist.

Now, there a 2 ways of playing a mp3.

Press OK
    Press PLAY

OK => just plays the selected track in a folder, does the next track and plays the whole folder

PLAY => adds track to playlist, and in config.exe the user can select what MP does next.

When pressing OK, MP actually adds tracks to MP "internal playlist", namely the whole folder. Thus, it would be logical when OK is pressed, MP would add the whole folder to the playlist just as it does now with it's "internal playlist."

so:

OK => puts all files in that folder in a playlist, but MP does not switch to current playlist view,pressing OK again always clears playlist an starts again. In playing now, files can be added, and MP resumes playing the whole folderif the added track is finished

PLAY => adds track to playlist, and in config.exe the user can select what MP does next.

Thx for the great work RTV !

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've asked that almost 2 years ago - unfortunately that's not a big problem regarding the "music codebase" but because the "Okay" button has some special functionality on an mce remote. Maybe using the alternative driver would help here... Until the next release nothing will change in this matter however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom