Managing hundereds of DVD-Rips (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Now that 1TB drives are available pretty cheap, I thought I might start to rip all my DVDs to the HTPC.

I intend to just rip them as folders (I dont see the benefit or ripping to ISO). I guess I should name the folder after the film title so that the IMDB scraper works well?

But how should I manage these in MediaPortal?

I really cant see me easily navigating 100s of films with MyVideos? Scrolling from A to Z could be a pain!

How are people managing this? How can it be setup to have various genres, filter by a letter etc?

Any tips appreciated!

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hold your horses !

At this moment, this plugin does not support DVDrips yet ! It is on their to-do list though, but will take some time to be finished. I am eagerly awaiting it !

Right now I manage my 100+ DVDrips with the MyFilms plugin combined with AMC Updater.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    I use the default movie manager. In configuration tool, i add a path to my DVD collection and scan for including to database. It works great. I have around 90 DVD.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I assume you know that you can use the numbers to skip to s certain movie letter (like SMS text...) works great.
    Also adding genres works good for me...

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I assume you know that you can use the numbers to skip to s certain movie letter (like SMS text...) works great.
    Also adding genres works good for me...

Didnt know that!

I guess I'll have to try it out with a few DVDs and see how it is.

Looks like Moving Pictures is probably the answer.

I am in no major rush, just a bit bored, and thought it might be somethign to start planning - expecially as my DVD shelves are full! So by the time I get round to doing it, Moving Pictures will be at version 2!

A few more questions:

How do people manage bonus disks? Maybe I should sugest a way of handling and playing a bonus disk in Moving Pictures..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom