[Approved] Mantis 3270 (Update #4) - Skin Navigation Homescreen (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

it's me again with a quick'n'dirty patch :p

based on 27294

EDIT #5:
    patch #5 attached (thx SilentException)

EDIT #4:
    call me crazy, but I added patch #4... this is the different behaviour I tried to describe... so...
    IMHO #3 fails on windows changing its content but keep the ID and #4 does the right thing

EDIT #3:
    I don't know what I did, but it was 4 o'clock in the morning... so please forgive me... :oops:
    Attached a real working solution for the problem of window history. patch #3!

This patch avoids the navigation issue if only use basichome is activated and u use the "back" button on the basichome screen. there could be more optimization on this patch, but my free time...

patch built with SVN 27200

EDIT:
    sry... understood problem in a different way... anyway, it works as quick'n'dirty

EDIT #2:
    Updated the patch. Now the Basichome thing and the history should work... please test and give feedback (patch built on 27200)

Attachments

• mantis_3270_5.patch
      5 KB

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mantis 3270 (Update #3) - Skin Navigation Homescreen

updated patch -> now #3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:( side effect: (example)
    if you go to "myVideos", browse to a folder (not the starting one), press "home", go to "myVideos" again -> now the "startpage" of "myVideos" is shown -> press "home" again -> if u now use "back", u will end up in the folder u where browsing in the first step...

so it is up to you, which behaviour it should have... my english is too bad to explain in detail... %§$/ :mad:

the problem is, that a window like "myVideos" can have different states within the same ID. I could call exactly the last window so the "startpage of myVideos" will be shown or the one with the browsed folder?!

please! some dev should explain the wanted beahviour for windows like "myVideos" which are changing its content... IMHO it should show the last window selected, but atm the patch shows the former content...

hope you got what i mean :sorry:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am pushing for the team to review and test your patch.

In the meantime, are you able to provide binaries built against current SVN?

Thanks,

Mark

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mantis 3270 (Update #4) - Skin Navigation Homescreen

complete working solution in post #1

here you go... core.dll for 27294 with "patch #4"

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here is a comment from SilentException in the internal team forums.

Isn't the underlying issue in 1. solvable by just replacing position [0] in window history?

afaik, classic home is alway added at [0] first. Then, depending on the setting, it should be replaced (removed).

In this case, issue 1 is the part of this that allows you to go back from basichome to home even when it is disabled.

I wonder if you could comment, and if you'd like to change this part of your patch as a result?

Thanks,

Mark

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i searched the section, where home is loaded in history[0], but i couldn't find... [0] is always -1... with my patch, i changed the behaviour of going back to home if next window is null... you are totally right, [0] just has to be replaced with the one wanted. point me to the right place and i could try.

but the history is now working. so it's just the history[0]

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

no hint for the creation of history[0]?

btw: u could do this patch in 2 steps. first one is making the history work (patch #4 does this) and second one is to get history[0] replaced after MP loading. (With patch #4 the user won't see normal homescreen if _startwithbasichome == true and pressing back right after startup, so 3/4 of the problem is solved?!)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, let's try the second issue first (replacing [0]):

Can we agree, this solves it? Remove your patch before trying..

Attachments

• 3270_skin_navigation_issues_1_v1.patch
      1.5 KB

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

SilentException:
    your patch works... "if (windowID > -1){...}"... where was my brain?! ;)

I combined your patch with my #4 and it worked as expected. after a quick look, I would say: done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom