Manual Movie Sort Option (1 Viewer)

the_mad_hatta

November 17, 2010
I've just gotten my own HTPC setup with MediaPortal and Moving Pictures. One thing that irritates me about Moving Pictures is that you can't seem to be able to manually sort the movies in the list if you happen to notice them out of order. On top of that, you can't rename them so that they can be in order. Is it possible at all to implement an option to manually sort the movies? Or even at least rename them?

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Manual Movie Sort Option

That's possible.

Click on the name right to "Sort by" and press F2. Now you edit the field. It's possible for all fields.

the_mad_hatta

November 17, 2010
    I actually found an easier way of doing this that I didn't realise until after I posted this. I have it sorted by filepath and just modify the directories in which the files are.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've just gotten my own HTPC setup with MediaPortal and Moving Pictures. One thing that irritates me about Moving Pictures is that you can't seem to be able to manually sort the movies in the list if you happen to notice them out of order. On top of that, you can't rename them so that they can be in order. Is it possible at all to implement an option to manually sort the movies? Or even at least rename them?

What are your problems with renaming? You can go into the configuration panel, go to the Movie Manager tab, select a movie and just rename the title. You can also keep the title, but rename the sortby name.

For example you can use a title such as "James Bond: Goldeneye", but then use sortby name "jamesbond17" so that it gets sorted at the right position in the series, instead of using "James Bond #17: Goldeneye". If you change the title, the sortby title gets adjusted automatic as well again based on that renamed title, so keep that in mind.

I've renamed a lot of movies this way, such as using:

• Twilight I: Twilight
    • Twilight II: New Moon
    • Twilight III: Eclipse

So that I can find them easier. And if somebody visits can only remember 'eclipse', they just use the SMS-style input to enter 3+2+5+4+7+7+3 and "Twilight III: Eclipse" will appear in the short list of movie titles that contain the word 'eclipse', infact after only a few numbers, the movie filters out very quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom