Manually Add Tuner Channels to DB (1 Viewer)

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is how i was able to manually able to add Channels to my analog card using SQL and Excel
WARNING--I am by no means SQL expert and before you start messing around in your DB and Mediaportal please back them up--WARNING

Try this tutorial at your own RISK I warrant nothing​

Hope this helps others..
If some directions are already posted in a different area my apologies as i could not find anything in the forums.So i created my own.

Attachments

• Manually add Channels to SQL DB-1.doc
    30.7 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Why would you want to do this? Is it not sufficient to use the GUI in TV server configuration for manually adding channels?

ccna55

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I personally needed to do this to make it easier every time i have to rescan my channels(Analog-Digital) as i am in the middle of the Comcast all digital transition "DTA adapter STB") so channels are frequently changing i needed to manually add 80+ channels back into the DB as these 80+ channels are controlled only by the DTA STB and i know i dont want to sit there and input 80+ channels one at a time using the gui and then have to point each of those channels to my DTA STB.
I do understand you can use the GUI however when it comes to adding alot of channels i find it easier/faster to accomplish this task via adding to backend then sit there doing one at a time thru GUI

This is just my opinion, if someone can come up with a better way to add 80+ channels if the scan does not find them i am open for change.

Thanks,
ccna55

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I see what you are trying to now, it makes sense. But perhaps you could make use of the import / export feature in future, this feature is available as of 1.1.0.

TV Server configuration -> Import / Export. If you make an export first, you only have to change the xml and reimport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom