RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mm,
    I can see how its hard for somebody in NZ to debug problems in US CA SF Bay area. looking at the 3707 bug, maybe that is the problem

Unknown 28-1, is PhysChan = 28, KFTL 28.1 is 1 of the few channels with Phys=Virtual. It is marginal in my area, comes in ok in the morning, but breaks up at other times. Strange since its only 25 miles from me. tvfool.com shows this as a weak station at my location. On a LG TV that seems to have a better than average tuner that station comes/goes in the afternoon. With my HDHR tuner it worked in the morning but does not work now (3:30 PDT)

Unknown 51-1, is PhysChan = 51, KDTV, 14.1. It normally is a medium signal in my area. I normally don't have any problems with this channel. Not sure why MePo did not get valid info when it scanned. With my LG TV I can tune to this using either using 14.1 the normal ATSC Chan.Sub or using Chan=51, The TV detects this is 14.1 and switches. Both are spanish so I don't really care.

The SF Bay area is a bowl with a flat valley and hills that are 2000-3000 feet high on all sides. Lots of multi-path reflections off the hills, lots of temp inversions over the bay. Not a good place for digital TV. At my location most of stations are from SF at a heading 322 degrees. But other stations I care about are at heading of 68 degrees, about a 106 degree difference in heading. Not good for antennas.

for what it is worth, the following is link to tvfool.com for my zipcode
    http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=5ed647d8d91047

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom