Manually changing a series entry - Is it possible (1 Viewer)

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Tampa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great plugin, a valuable asset to Mediaportal.
Although it's proved pretty accurate identifying my shows (after a bit of filename tweaking on my part) there are occasions when even though the file name is in the right format and matches an entry in the database it still gets it wrong.
For instance, I have a few episodes of Doctor Who, a couple from Season 12 (Tom Baker) and a couple from the recent season 2 (David Tennant). Although, to avoid confusion the online data base distinguishes between having two different season twos by listing one of them as "Doctor Who (2005)" I can't seem to get it to separate the entries. Is there a way to manually force a change of entry for one of them? Changing the filename and rescanning (which has worked for some of my tweaks) doesn't seem to work. It seems to take your first answer and lumps everything under the same banner. Surely there's a way to override this?

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try deleting the incorrect series or season from the configuration and re-scan. Think that's what I did before.

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Tampa
    Home Country
    Tried that both within MP and in the plugin config. No difference
    Seems a bit hit and miss this system.

Jeomite

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    What you need to do is un-check the option for "automatically select the closest match" in the My TV Series config. Then load up Media Portal, jump into the My TV Series plug-in, and delete that series you want to change. Right-click with your mouse, and choose 'Force Local Scan' and wait a few minutes. Then there will be a pop-up asking you which TV Series you want to match up with it. Choose the "right" one. You should be set...

* I had this problem once before. Sometimes I had to rename the actual folder that is stored on my hard drive to match up with the proper Series Name...

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Tampa
    Home Country
    I didn't have the automatic option checked, I would be asked to pick from a list of possibiliites but it wouldn't always give me the option to choose for different files in a subfolder.
    Anyway I've got it sorted now after a couple of deletions of the series database and a bit of trial and error putting various files in their own subfolders.
    Still feels a bit "cart leading the horse" to having to keep changing file names and file structures so that the program gets it right the first and only time it chooses a file entry.
    Some way of right clicking on an incorrect entry and make it disregard what it thinks is correct and guess again would be a big bonus, but then maybe I'm being a bit harsh on a freebie plugin

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Tampa
    Home Country
    ok, can anyone explain why it will detect
    Doctor Who s10e01 The Three Doctors.avi but not
    Doctor Who s21e06 The Caves of Androzani.avi
    both of which are in the same folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom