Manually imported episodes disappearing from the db after first viewing (1 Viewer)

metagrobolis

Portal Member
March 7, 2008
I have a few series that I import manually (i.e. parsing fails, and I then use the manual episode lookup in the config tool). For some reason, these episodes vanish after the first viewing. They *do* still appear in the TVSeries area in MP, but the corresponding database entry shows an empty file pointer ... something is erasing the file pointer in the database!

In any case, the net result is that the episode remains listed but cannot be played back due to the missing file pointer. By the way, this isn't happening for automatically parsed series/episodes.

Any ideas?

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This is a setting in the plugin config...
A option called 'Only show unwatched episodes' or something like that...

frying_fish

Portal Member
August 21, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I don't think thats quite his problem, as he says it is still being displayed inside mediaportal, but the filepointer is showing empty.

Any specific reason the parsing is failing? It may be worth approaching that as well.

metagrobolis

Portal Member
March 7, 2008
frying_fish, you are right, the problem isn't the "unwatched only" setting ... something is actually removing the filepointer from the database ... and that too, only for manually imported episodes (auto-parsed ones don't have a problem). Its almost as if TVSeries attempts to parse the filenames behind the scenes again at some point, fails, and subsequently trashes the db entries!

As for why not parse automatically, some of the filenames are not matching the default regexp set ... and I don't have the wherewithal to create the appropriate new expressions ... but thats exactly what the manual import is there for, no?

frying_fish

Portal Member
August 21, 2008
Home Country
It is indeed what it is there for, it is just that I have found that on manual import it never seems to get any information other than matching to the correct episode name. What is strange about your naming convention that causes episodes to not match?

monkey butle

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Derbyshire
Home Country
Did this ever get resolved?

I've had problems importing my Spaced and Extras into MyTVseries (under StreamedMP). I've therefore imported them manually, which I assume is why they're appearing in red within Media Portal.

I can see the cover art, fanart, season and name titles fine, but after I've watched an episode it disappears from the list in MyTVseries.

I'm using the Media Portal 1.0.0 and StremedMP 0.5.361.

Any clues as how i can restore the missing episodes permanently, or get the plugin to recognise my files in the first place?

Thanks.

Dwarf

Portal Member
September 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I would like to know too. I am using MP 1 Final with the latest Monochrome and TV Series but when i watched an episode it dissapears from the list. It still shows inside MP config but not in MP itself.

Thanks in advance!

Solved it by switching views in the OSD :)

monkey butle

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Derbyshire
Home Country
I would like to know too. I am using MP 1 Final with the latest Monochrome and TV Series but when i watched an episode it dissapears from the list. It still shows inside MP config but not in MP itself.

Thanks in advance!

Solved it by switching views in the OSD :)

I've fixed the cause, by going back and renaming my original files.

The filenames now all work when I use the TVseriesname S01 E01 type format.

Good luck!

timberwolf1

March 3, 2009
I have this problem also when i manual import DVDs with the folder named as S01E01 but cannot change the VIDEO_TS.IFO file name as the dvd wont work.

any solutions?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
im having this issue as well when watching dvd rips. i cant change the file name of the.vob file otherwise it wont work. Anyone got a workaround for this? My file structures are like this example:

T:\TV Series\Red Dwarf\Series 2\Episode 2 - Better Than Life\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom