Map channels to TV Card seems to do nothing (1 Viewer)

ender

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2006
    The Netherlands
    CVS-snapshot from: 20:48 03-06

Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 3.00GHz
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2
    Motherboard: Asus P5GDC-V
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios: AMI 10011.006
    Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce 6600v+
    Video Card Driver: Forceware 81.98
    Sound Card: C-Media High Definition Audio
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.01.0008.62
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCII
    1. TV Card Type: analog
    1. TV Card Driver: Hauppauge 2.0.35.23348
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
    Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: UPC Cable
    HTPC Case:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE Remote
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I had a simple situation: my cable provider has a lot of channels that I never use. So I wanted to have them not showing up in MP. But instead of removing them in the TV Channels tab in config, I was hoping to just disable them. At first I thought the checkboxes in front of each channel was controlling that but that wasn't the case. (In fact, I have never figured out what these checkboxes are for anyway, pls make that more clear in the UI!). I unchecked all the channels and still my channel listing in MP showed the all.
    Then I saw the channel to card mapping in the config. So I only mapped those channels that I wanted to see (I have only one tv card). Again, that didn't the trick. In fact, no matter what I did in that screen, nothing happened to the performance of MP.
    To me, that channel mapping has no use at all. Maybe with more than one tvcard, I don't know.

Anyway, let's not turn this into a feature request to be able to disable a channel without removing it. But that channel mapping page should do that trick in my option.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is not a bug.....

Ender said:
    I have never figured out what these checkboxes are for anyway.
    They determine which of your channels will be listed in the EPG.

Ender said:
    to be able to disable a channel without removing it. But that channel mapping page should do that trick in my option.
    All you have to do is create some Channel Groups and map the channels that you want into one group, and map the channels you dont want into the second group.

I have 3 groups that I use - SD Channels, HD Channels & Miscellaneous. Solves the problem nicely....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom