marked slow down (1 Viewer)

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Is anyone noticing a marked slow down in the new TVEngine3 when turning on the TV (from within the UI) or changing channels?

Glenn

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yep more so entering tv than changing channels but to be honest i have only really found it slower with the animations, when it first came out it flew, now for me it seems a little slower , when i click on tv i get a blue screen which is the background for maybe 3-4 seconds then it comes up. wasn't this slow originally

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    yep, I get this too. I figured it was just the animation timing being set for too long but couldn't be bothered fixing it myself while so much dev work is going on.

For example, maybe the zooming back that the home screen does only needs to fade to a certain point, rather than so far in the distance you can't see it anyway.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yeah i have a feeling its not actual the tv engine but the skin animations slowing down screen changes, maybe there is a slight glitch in there that makes it loop a bit or something so it hangs for the 4-5 seconds. i'm sure the animations will be speed up or optimised so they are pretty quick and snappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] channel numbers issue DE
    that's awesome, thank you! problem fixed. no idea how it got changed as I rarely go into the config.
    that's awesome, thank you! problem fixed. no idea how it got changed as I rarely go into the config.
    Hi, until recently i had my tv channels selectable by typing the channel number on my remote. for instance, i hit the number 9...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
    Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
    Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Wiki pages won‘t load on iPad DE
    Working again on iPad. Evidently a temporary problem.
    Working again on iPad. Evidently a temporary problem.
    I am unable to load any Wiki pages on my iPad, either in Firefox or Safari. Is this just a problem with the Apple webkit, or is...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom