Math as done by microsoft (1 Viewer)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just noticed bug in Minesweeper (yes the game which comes with Windows and has been included "forever").

"How to calculate percentages".

Attachments

• MineSweeper.png
      MineSweeper.png
      21.2 KB

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Maybe the total game count is actually 201 and the number was floored.

Nothing that technical .... it's the number of games won divided by quickest time

Must have typed Me.Label5.Caption / Me.Label3.Caption instead of Me.Label5.Caption / Me.Label4.Caption. Might be fixed in the next service pack ...

:D

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Maybe the total game count is actually 201 and the number was floored.

Nothing that technical .... it's the number of games won divided by quickest time
    That is what I meant ;). Maybe the total game count is actually 201 and the resulting number, 12 / 201 * 100 = 5.97 was floored, which would result in 5%.

In that case, the actual bug here is, that the statistics displays the wrong number in the UI, e.g. the old total game count, without counting the new game that was just played.

kheldar

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    Bendigo Australia
    What I wanna know is how do you lose that many minesweeper games, going fora speed record?

Bah! If you knew me, you would know that this is not my personal stats! :p

cool, I thought it was a pretty bad ratio for someone who obviously has a pretty good tech savy going by the number of thanks you've got

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    cool, I thought it was a pretty bad ratio for someone who obviously has a pretty good tech savy going by the number of thanks you've got

Stop before you insult my wife! ;)

Seriously, minesweeper is not easy to solve on the hardest difficulty setting. Most people cannot do it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom