Matrix Orbital GX - Mediaportal 1.0.2 (1 Viewer)

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    I just wanted to share my settings for my setup with the Matrix Orbital GX display.

1. Install drivers
    2. remove "Matrix Orbital CoreInfo" from startup.
    3. Enable minidisplay plugin (you might have to put the mediaportal configuration in advanced mode)
    4. Configure the graphical text menu :
    attachment.php

(Extensive logging is what it is, it is advised to disable it if everything is working fine for you)
    Property Browser is usefull if you want to find out the items and values you can show on the display,
    just try it, it explains itself, run mediaportal in window mode, write down what you want, then disable it again after you've configured everything.

Go to Advanced :
    attachment.php

Disable "Use icons" and "Use disk icon for all media" As that's not implemented for the GX and will just throw up a line in the log.

These are the settings that work for me, once you've got the text right, you can play with scroll delays etc...

These settings will allow you to run 3 lines of information on the GX Display.

Standard you will only see 2 lines in all menu's / activities.

To add a 3rd line of info go to the "configuration editor".
    (this is the part where the propertybrowser comes in)
    I added a 3rd line for when "playing music"
    attachment.php

This is not a very complete guide, but it should help new users getting started.

Joris.

Attachments

• gx1.jpg
      gx1.jpg
      107 KB
    • gx2.jpg
      gx2.jpg
      99.1 KB
    • gx3.jpg
      gx3.jpg
      111.7 KB

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Joris: I have "Use icons" and "Use disk icon for all media" enabled and in text mode it shows me an icon in the right upper corner, so it is implemented for the GX.

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Thanks greybox, I must have tought it was disabled because I used 3 lines and a bigger font, so maybe the icons have fallen of the display.

I will have a look at the display size, I didn't notice the gap to be honest, I might not have payed attention. I won't be able to do today.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi folks,

I have the following problem which I believe might have something to do with minidisplay plugin. About 50% of the time my MediaPortal starts with the error message window: "MediaPortal has experienced a problem and needs to close". When I close that error message window everything in MediaPortal continues to work and works fine except the GX display does not show anything. Error log is attached. When I close MediaPortal, the display either stays blank, or starts showing "Waiting for applications" message. Sometimes I need the restart MediaPortal only, sometimes the only remedy is to reboot the PC. I was wondering if anybody has experienced something like this.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    My guess is that the dlls provided for the driver are not 100% compatible with your system.

Simone

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Hi, I'm seeing the same issues, it's pretty unstable right now.

I hope Matrix Orbital can release a new official driver soon.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am glad I am not alone.

I only see the error message in Media Portal.

The display is quite stable when I use it with Windows Media Center (MCE) 2005 - same PC, same drivers. Occasionally (maybe once in a few months) I used to see the GX not responding (not firing events), but there was no crash or error message. Same thing in Vista Home Premium.

I also loaded pure Windows XP Professional from scratch on a separate hard drive, same problem.

I don't think Matrix Orbital will be able to provide help in the near future. They are too busy with other projects.

I hoped the provided logs will help to resolve the issue.

I am thinking about the logs with MiniDisplay extensive logging turned on.

Simone: do you have the GX display?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    nope, I'm an IMON user as "my system" states :p

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom