Matroska Trouble (1 Viewer)

ujaldi

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi after installing Matroska Media (or Haali Media) Splitter i always get the following message:

Title - Mkx
Text - "A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track Type:"

I got something to do with the subtitles which are included i guess.
Anyone has an idea on what to do?
Or at least hot wo stop the message from showing? I tried to stop em by turning off problem messages in haali itself, without success. I even tried it with different operating systems like vista, xp and win2000 - its always the same problem.

The weird part is that this message only appears in media portal. It does not show in any of regular my media players though. On Windows Media Player it seems to work fine for example. I dont know what to do now. I would hate to uninstall my media portal because i think its a wonderful platform. On the other hand almost ever vid i have is decoded in divx with those subtitles.
:-(

I even tried a completely new installation of the operating system because of that, without any success, because the problem even is there after all. Is it a general problem with several divx subtitles?

Can anyone help?:confused:

ujaldi

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Solution

TAAATAAAHHHH I solved it.

Here is how i did it:

After new installing the Operating System (for the it feels like the hundredth time) I did not use the matroska splitter in the actual version i used an old one, then i installed the vobsub and switched in matroska to autoload vsfilter (as always). Afterwards i installed the old DIVX Total Pack.

After that it works perfectly fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the problem lies probably in the new version of matroska!

I am so happy i cant even tell!!!!

:):D:):D

sogge

Portal Pro
September 24, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Yes I also have a problem with the new version of Haali Splitter and MP1 RC1 after reinstalling the OS.
My problem now is I don't have the old version of tha haali splitter. Can you please post where I can find it (link) or attach your version here please?

Thanks a lot

ujaldi

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Of course. Here you go.

I needed to use DivX_Total_Pack2.3 afterwards. It took a little trying to make it work.
Hopefully it will work for you as well.
;-)

Let us know here if it worked for you please. So others will get a chance to get it work with their MediaPortal too.

After the installation i had another error coming up first. Then i installed DivX_Pack and it worked perfectly fine.

:D

To everyone: If you had the same problem and got it working with it too. Please report here as well. Even a simple "Helped" or "Did not help" would be helpfull to others.

sogge

Portal Pro
September 24, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
It seem's it works fine, but I will make some testings and come back if there will be a problem. THX

ujaldi

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Glad to hear that.
Thank you for responding here.
I did some testings myself it seems to work also with MyTVSeries etc.

After it worked I did a mirror of the hard-disk just to make sure that there is a point i could always return to if an update causes problems. Just a suggestion though.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom