Maximum number of musicfiles to add (1 Viewer)

nightcatnl

Portal Member
November 27, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What is the maximum of musicfiles which is possible to add to the music database?
My system stops responding after loading around 17000 MP3's (ok ok .. I know that is a lot... maybe I should just delete some files :))

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    there's no limit at all.
    i'm runnning with nearly 30.000
    there are some users which have 100k.

When you say "stops responding after loading ...." you're talking about the import step?
    please prodive some logs. Configuration.log and mediaportal.log)

nightcatnl

Portal Member
    November 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    6900/17200

Yes you are right. It is during the import.
    In the mean time I updated to 2.3.0 RC1

Actually the system hangup happens at point 6900 out of 17200

In the logging I only find some warnings:

2007-08-06 23:43:18.203125 [Debug][Config Main]: Could not extract Image: Parameter is not valid.
    2007-08-06 23:43:18.203125 [Warn.][Config Main]: TagReader: Image probably corrupted: D:\Music\Part1\_Populair Jazz\Katie Melua\Katie Melua - The Closest Thing To Crazy.mp3

I don't get it.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    could be that there's a corrupted file, which causes tagreader to read until the end.
    but this should just slow down the system and not cause it to hang.
    The error above just says, that there's a picture inside a file, which couldn't be extracted. shouldn't be the cause of the problem.
    Have a look in the MusicDatabase found in the databases dir and see, which song was the last one added.
    use the SQListeBrowser found in the data dir. open the music db and list the Songs table.
    the song which would be read after the the last one in the table is maybe corrrupted.
    move it out the share and give it a try.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    As a test, you could also try just temporarily removing the Katie Melua song and seeing if that solves it. Looking at the log it seems like that would be the obvious choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
    Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom