MCE and blaster further expansion... (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I wasn't sure where to post this, since it covers a couple of plug-ins plus other stuff...

What I would really love is a way to use the blaster functionality to control other IR devices in my lounge, preferably over the network.

The scenario would see me logging in to MP via the web controller and telling it to turn the TV off or the stereo on or anything like that.

I have tried to follow the blaster thread but it is so long now I may have missed some crucial explanation on how to do this. I have also (briefly) searched the MCE forums but didn't find anything there either. To my non programming logic, this shouldn't seem too hard.

Any comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Can you imagine to amend the BV skin/themes accordingly?
    Can you imagine to amend the BV skin/themes accordingly?
    Hi there, 1) While navigating between the different movies in the menu, I would sometimes like to see the movie info screen...
    Replies
    Views
    Please attach your log files according to description in forum and wiki. It's about the adjusted refresh rate according to the content. It's a general problem with HDMI. Try switching off the refreshrate changer in MP2 settings. I'm not sure how WMC could handle it, but you would have same problem with MP1. Please see importer...
    Please attach your log files according to description in forum and wiki. It's about the adjusted refresh rate according to the...
    Hi I have finally had to move on from MCE (with a DVB-Link backend) that I had running on Win10 as Microsoft seems to keep finding...
    Replies
    Views
    Just gonna add my 2 cents worth here. I have the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 IR Receiver and it installed fine, as per their instructions. However I did encounter an issue getting my remote, a HP MCE Media Centre remote (RC6), to work as an expected. This, I eventually figured out, was due to the tuner card I was using at the time having a...
    Just gonna add my 2 cents worth here. I have the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 IR Receiver and it installed fine, as per their instructions...
    I have two Dell 990s, one is my MP player machine, the other the MP video recorder/server. Purchased Inteset USB IR receiver...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
    How are things going Jamie? Have you given up, or are you just busy?
    I have so many symptoms that I am wondering if I shouldn't just uninstall and wipe everything and start over. #4 below is the only...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom