MCE autoplaying CDs (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi *,
    I am running MP 2.3.0 stable release under Windows XP MCE. When I put a CD into my HTPC, Windows MediaCenter starts and plays it, even if I already have MP started. MP is configured to play CDs and DVDs automatically. I have already disabled all 3 of MC's services:
    Media Center Planer-Dienst
    Media Center Reciever Service
    Media Center Extender Service
    as well as the autostart of EHTRAY (for which I have substituted MCE Replacement Tray)
    but when I stick in a CD, the following processes start up:
    wmplayer.exe
    ehtray.exe
    ehmsas.exe
    msmsgs.exe
    the MC GUI displays and the CD starts to play in MC.
    It was a real pain to find and disable all of these (particularly MSMSGS), but obviously there is something I have missed. How can I prevent MC from taking over?
    TIA!

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi I think its easy to explain, MCE is probably associated with playing DVD's...does it also happen with music-cd's?

Try this....

1) Open "My Computer" so that you can see all the drives.
    2) Right Click on your DVD-Drive, and select properties.
    3) Click on the AutoPlay tab.
    4) Select "DVD Movie" in the drop-down box
    5) Under "Actions", select "Take no action" and click the "Apply" button.

Now if your Audio-CD's give you the same problem....just follow the same process.

Hope this solved your problem...let me know.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It was CDs I had the problem with; hadn't tried DVDs. Anyway, I went through the whole list of content types and selected "Take no action" for each of them, nonetheless, MC still starts when I put in a CD. Is this a per user setting? If so, I will probably have to change it in the registry, since the account I use to autologon (and run MP) doesn't have admin privileges. Thanks for the tip, anyway!

P.S. Turns out that this is per user, but admin rights aren't needed. I repeated the above actions from my auotlogon account and now MC doesn't start when I put in a CD. I only hope that MP will still be able to autoplay CDs and DVDs. MP didn't appear in the least of programs available for actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom