MCE infrared reciever dies on resume! (1 Viewer)

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Hi

Im having a huge problem - my mce-infrared reciever dies when MP goes into standby.
Ive checked "USB resume on S3 standby" in bios, tried various settings with MST no luck. I have to restart the computer totally after a standby/resume.

ps: im using a Harmony one remote but ive also crosschecked with the old ugly mce-remote, none of them works so it must be the reciever somehow.

does anyone have a good idea or a comment regarding MP settings, MST settings etc and the infrared MCE reciever??

my setup:

MP 0.2.3.0
TVGG v2b3 EPG grabber
Athlon XP6000+
2gb ram
Hauppage pvr500mce
32" Samsung LE-32R72B
Logitech Harmony One Remote
MCE infrared IR reciever

br

kedde

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You need to make sure the motherboard\power supply is ACPI compliant and is capable of outputting +5vsb to the usb connection. normally this uses only be 0\1 usb outlets (you would need to use either of those sockets to plug receiver into) that may have this continual power supply, so again you may need to check motherboard manual for this.

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    ok - Im now able to wake up my pc - BUT winxp ( and therefore also MP ) doesnt react to the remote at all when i enter windows/MP??
    So I can wake it up but then I have to use a bluetooth keyboard as input device because the remote is completely dead inside windows/MP...

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    when i was looking at the MST-screenshots from the slicksolutions site it seems as if i dont have all the options in my version. Can the options available differ from system to system?
    fx i dont recall a restart ehome option...

br
    kedde

Uncle Woja

Portal Member
    October 12, 2006
    Home Country
    I have the same problem with the exception that my PC doesn't stay in suspend and immediately comes out of suspend once everything turns off.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone can come up with a solution.

In case it's of any importance my current PS is an Antec (came with the NSK4400 case... to be upgraded for a proper HTPC case) and the M/B is an Asus M2NPV-VM

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    Hi - it just occured to me that occasionaly the remote suddenly works again, without me restarting my system. Really weird I know.

Since my system wakes up to update the EPG and will go to standby again - perhaps theres a difference between the system going to standby by itself or me "forcing" it to standby by the remote... But I will have to test this!

P.Niem

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My previous HTPC was a AMD 2500+ with a ASUS mother board with VIA chipset. I had the same weird behavior. I search the internet many times and saw that there were many people with the same problem. The problem here might be caused by the VIA chipset. There are some known hardware issues regarding USB in VIA chipset. I've tried almost everything. First solution was to run a batch file at resume that reinitialised the USB devices, but then there was a problem to disconnect. Finally I made a home brew piece of hardware with a 4 contact relay. The MCE remote receiver was connected via this relay with the USB port. As soon as my HTPC woke up from S3. The relay was switched on and disconnected the MCE remote receiver from its USB port. Six seconds later the relay was switched off again and this causes the a reconnection of the MCE remote to its USB port. Windows reacts on it by 2 time the Ding Dong and after that I could use my remote again. Not a very nice solution, but it works.

My AMD HTPC wasn't that stable (there were more issues) and finally I decided to buy another mother board with a Intel duo and Intel chipset. Since then I have no trouble at all with USB. This is also a Asus mobo and I haven't got any stand-by issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom