mce keyboard - multimediakeys don't work after resuming from standby (1 Viewer)

zax_v1.2

December 17, 2008
Frankfurt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I'm using a Genius LuxeMate 810 Media Cruiser under Windows 7 Pro 32bit. My Problem is, that after resuming from Standby, the special Keys like Play,Pause,Stop,... wont work anymore. Doing a restart get's them working again, but that is no solution for me.
This is no Mediaportal issue but a Windows or Keyboard Problem.

I've been doing an fresh installation of Windows, installing only updates and testing the Keyboard with MCE. I've just tried the MCE standbytool, which doesn't solve the Problem.

The normal keys of the Keyboard work well after resuming. Can anybody help me getting this to work or has any idea where to look for the Problem?

Thanks in advance
ZAX

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Firstly does it work after suspend if you unplug from usb for 30 seconds and then replug receiver back in.

Secondly, check under device manager for anything keyboard related, that may show up from boot, but not resume.

I take it there is no software that comes with this keyboard.

zax_v1.2

December 17, 2008
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: mce keyboard - multimediakeys don't work after resuming from standby

Hey, thanks for your help.

You're right, there's no software for the keyboard.

1. Unplugging and replugging the keyboard (the USB dongle, as it's an radio keyboard) makes it work again.

2. The device manager lists the same devices after a normal boot and after resuming.

But I could pin one device ("USB-Eingabegerät", which means samething like USB-inputdevice) to have a problem. Deactivating that device and activating it right afterwards makes the "special"keys do their work again.
    Is there a way to have that done automatically after resuming? Checking all three boxes under the USB-tab in the MCE Standby Tool doesn't help me.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

That confirms my impression that rf-devices always causes trouble. A X10 RC I used only three months.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Under power options, if you disable the usb allow suspend option, any difference, there are generally 2 master usb ports usb0 and usb1, try and utuilise these as they get priority.

Also if there is any wireless adapter on mobo, try disabling that in bios to see if there is any knock on effect.

After that, a bit short of other suggestions :(

zax_v1.2

December 17, 2008
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

A Feature saying something about selective suspend was already disabled by the Standby Tool. Plugging the Keyboard into the first USB Port didn't help, too.

But thanks for help. I'll look for some program to do the "deactivate-reactivte at resume"-trick for me. Or just try to get my imon remote to work and forget about the multimedia keys on the keyboard.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    worth a shot, it has a usb hacks option and a few other things that you could try
    Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool

but getting a program that will stop a service on standby and restart on resume, might work too. i think there is already a program that does this i just cant remember the name.

ps - imon sucks, i recommend spending $30 on an mce remote and receiver, i binned my imon remote.

Shut Down Expert - Turn off & wake up your computer

Automatic Sleep Mode Wake Up

might be something in the above, but it's not the program that i was thinking of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom