MCE remote control for Vista with Windows XP Home (1 Viewer)

igorgor

August 10, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Does somebody come across of MCE remote control for Windows Vista working with Windows XP Home?
I have Media Potral installed on Windows XP Home platform and I am trying to operate it using a remote contril. MCE Windows Vista is the only one I found on the market an dI was told that it shoudl work with XP as well. I tried to installed several drivers I found on the net but none of them are working. Any ideas? Thank you.

biggles266

October 18, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
G'day. I have a MCE remote & keyboard working with XP Professional, not Home, but this might be worth a shot:

Before service pack 3, I had to install an update. I've attached it to this post.

With service pack 3, it should just work. After a recent format and install with SP3, it just worked.

Attachments

• WindowsXP-KB912024-v2-x86-ENU.zip
    30.7 KB

meq123

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There are two different remote/receiver types for Windows MCE 2005 and Windows Vista MCE. The former works just fine 'out of the box' with Windows XP (but may need SP3 :) ). The latter however needs tweaks to work with XP and does NOT work out of the box.

I have seen various posts in this forum for getting a Vista MCE remote working on XP with MediaPortal (here's one: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/remotes-116/vista-remote-xp-working-48624/) but since I have MCE 2005 remotes I've had no need to try or verify.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom