MCE remote control for Vista with Windows XP Home

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by igorgor, August 11, 2009.

1. igorgor

igorgor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Does somebody come across of MCE remote control for Windows Vista working with Windows XP Home?
    I have Media Potral installed on Windows XP Home platform and I am trying to operate it using a remote contril. MCE Windows Vista is the only one I found on the market an dI was told that it shoudl work with XP as well. I tried to installed several drivers I found on the net but none of them are working. Any ideas? Thank you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. biggles266

biggles266 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    G'day. I have a MCE remote & keyboard working with XP Professional, not Home, but this might be worth a shot:

Before service pack 3, I had to install an update. I've attached it to this post.

With service pack 3, it should just work. After a recent format and install with SP3, it just worked.

Attached Files:

4. igorgor

igorgor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thank you. I'll give it a try.

5. meq123

meq123 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    There are two different remote/receiver types for Windows MCE 2005 and Windows Vista MCE. The former works just fine 'out of the box' with Windows XP (but may need SP3 :) ). The latter however needs tweaks to work with XP and does NOT work out of the box.

I have seen various posts in this forum for getting a Vista MCE remote working on XP with MediaPortal (here's one: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/remotes-116/vista-remote-xp-working-48624/) but since I have MCE 2005 remotes I've had no need to try or verify.

Good luck.

6. Nato

Nato Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what is the remote ? Make Model ?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!