MCE Remote control, numeric buttons not working (1 Viewer)

efla

Portal Pro
September 6, 2007
I've already searched within the forums, but I can't find answer to this simple ? question.

I'm using MCE remote control with MP, and everything is working very fine with almost all of the remote control buttons, but the numeric buttons, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... 9 have no actions at all onto MP. I would have expected that for instance button 1 would allow me to jump/see the 1st TV program, button 2, the 2nd ... and so on.

What's the trick, if any, to have these MCE remote control button being activated ?

asboe

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Frequently I have the same problem.
Soddenly the numeric buttons stops working, then I have to restart MP1 to get them work.
Have not found any pattern yet.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Just tried this myself, this is using svn 20227 with MCE remote (have not seen any changes from RC2 regarding remote).

This test was done using ehome driver supplied with Vista32, numbers used for tv channels works, this is after running above svn with multiple standby's (at least 20+)

So sorry, more info needed, ie using ehome driver + operating system, xp\vista, also does this behaviour go outside MP, open notepad, try inputting any number on the remote, should show up, ie 111 etc.

Regards

OleBent

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2005
    Frequently I have the same problem.
    Soddenly the numeric buttons stops working, then I have to restart MP1 to get them work.
    Have not found any pattern yet.

Experienced the exact same issue here. Randomly, so havent been able to see a pattern in this behaviour either.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Experienced the exact same issue here. Randomly, so havent been able to see a pattern in this behaviour either.

When you do get this, if possible open notepad and try typing in a number with the remote, let's nail this to MP or Operating System.

:D

knukkel

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem already existed in RC1. Don't know what the trigger is, it seems randomly. Also tried notepad, and there the numbers are shown

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problems here! The numeric keys of the MCE-remote are randomly not working! This is annoying when using teletext. A restart of MP solves the problem in most cases.

Is there a solution/workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Nico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom