MCE remote control (1 Viewer)

enzo-ita

Portal Member
July 1, 2006
If I plug the receiver of a genuine MCE remote control on a PC running Media Portal, will I be able to use the MCE remote control?

Do I need to dwld the driver? (and so wait tomorrow to so because now it is impossible :wink: )

Thanks

enzo-ita

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    enzo-ita said:
    If I plug the receiver of a genuine MCE remote control on a PC running Media Portal, will I be able to use the MCE remote control?

Do I need to dwld the driver? (and so wait tomorrow to so because now it is impossible :wink: )

Thanks

enzo-ita

the MCE remote runs out of the box with mediaportal IF it would be running on your OS anyway, which means you have windows MCE. the drivers on the homepage are for other version of windows XP

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    On the PC I want to run the receiver I have XP Professional installed with a Pinnacle analog digital PCI TV card, so I need to use the drivers right?

Thanks for your prompt answer.

enzo-ita

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    enzo-ita said:
    I have XP Professional , so I need to use the drivers right?
    No, the drivers are already included in XP Prof (SP2) - you just need to plug in the receiver and select the MCE remote in MediaPortal Configuration, and away you go..... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    N [Finished] [MP2-789] MCE remote control Recorded TV and My Pictures buttons do not work MediaPortal 2 17
    F MCE Remote has no focus General 6
    brena MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping Input / Output interfaces 0
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    B iPhone app for MCE remote General Support 2
    F Somethings changed - mce remote General Support 9
    H MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working 1.21 74
    azzuro MCE remote and Azerty keyboard other Input / Output interfaces 2
    Spaldo Bose universal remote with MP Input/Output Interfaces 2
    E Getting ortek mce remote to work better MediaPortal 1 Talk 13
    Volker [Suche] RC6 MCE IR-Empfänger Marktplatz 2
    V Some Issues with MP2 (ex MCE User) General 1
    P The elusive "MCE Replacement Driver" for Vista / Win7 IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    F Remote goes tos Media Center after Media Portal Remotes 2
    D Excellent RF Remote MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    D PS3 Bluetooth Remote Remotes 1
    henrysinn Remote - W10 Gyro by Pepper Jobs General 10
    G Remote control suggestions? MediaPortal 1 Talk 16
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    TLD Can not watch tv from remote clients Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 19
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    D Full fuctional htpc - Silverstone Case - Digital Devices Cine S2 - SSD - IR Remote For Sale 1
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0