mce remote - controll mp without focus? (1 Viewer)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Hi,
Because i have my LCD-tv as an extended monitor on my pc it happens that mp is not on focus, because i was doing something else on the main monitor.

So how can i control mp unfocused with my mce remote?

is the irserversuite the way to go? (very complicated it seems to me?)

any other suggestion (eventghost perhaps?)

Thanks for input

cubii

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I'm looking for the same. I used a Technotrend Oncard remote with IRSS, and it worked great. Since the card got damaged, I got a Hama MCE remote, which is a HID device and it seems to be difficult to get nofocus control.

Since I'm using also a multi display setup, this would be quite important :)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I just had to enable the "no focus" checkbox to work with the technotrend IR reciever. But no other program could take signals from that - thats quite different than its with any HID which just acts like a keyboard does.

As far I understand, Eventghost can exclusively open a device, so that could work. I'll give it a try as soon I have time.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
its really easy if you do it the right way:

Uninstall irremote server , intelliremote or some software like that!

Than restart your pc and install new (4.XX) Version of eventghost. close it and You have to start eventghost as administrator on win7!!!
deactivate all plugins like keyboard, xxremote etc. activate new plugin mce remote and leave disable hid devices enabled (you can reenable hid device with right click on mce plugin !) restart pc. You have to start eventghost as administrator on win7!!!
Than activate mediaportal plugin, and press one button on remote: you should see something like: yellow lightning : mediaportal : cursorup and after it a grey cube with mediaportal up.

Than your remote works.
Than you have to drag and drop the : yellow lightning : mediaportal : cursorup to the corresponding action on the right side under mediaportal plugin. and do the steps for every button.

Then enable (Window )message plugin in mp

Done!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for tips!

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
you said 4.xx version of eventghost? There is 0.3.7 on the Eventghost Website: Latest release: EventGhost 0.3.7.r1462, 11.9 MB, Apr 02 2010

also, after following your steps, i can press anything, but it does not show up in eventghost.

And in MP i cant find (Window) Message Plugin. I don't know if this is because of my setup and plugins. Maybe its no a default plugin. (I only remember i already saw Window Message stuff. but this was maybe with the IRSS.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
there are the beta (4.xx) versions: Download EventGhost

and the message plugin is under plugins, i think directly under the external player plugins like winamp etc , you only have to activate it.

if your remote is not recognized with the mce plugin, try it without disabling the hid devices (or services?) or with the hid plugin (but make sure that hid services are not disabled by the mce plugin) and at least there should be a reaction to button presses..
Do you remeber, if the remote was recognized by the irremote server as mce remote?

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
there are the beta (4.xx) versions: Download EventGhost

and the message plugin is under plugins, i think directly under the external player plugins like winamp etc , you only have to activate it and perhabs configure it. dont remember now
if your remote is not recognized with the mce plugin, try it without disabling the hid devices (or services?) or with the hid plugin (but make sure that hid services are not disabled by the mce plugin) and at least there should be a reaction to button presses..
Do you remember, if the remote was recognized by the irremote server as mce remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom