MCE remote is missing directional buttons in mapping (1 Viewer)

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm running RC2+SVN 16122 and TV3 of 16122.

I am using the MCE Replacement driver for the TV3 so I can send commands to an STB. (I know, I know, it is obsolete now).

The blaster works great, but if I try to use the remote to navigate the guide, menus, etc., it will not work. SO I did some digging around in the MediaPortal Configuration under the remotes section and checked the mapping for the MCE remote. Come to find out, I don't see any buttons in there mapped for the directional buttons, or a button mapped for "select/OK". So, of course, they do not work in my MediaPortal.

There is a button down at the bottom of the screen that says "New". I clicked it thinking that I could add my directional buttons, but it did not. It will only allow me to add layers to existing buttons.

What do I have to do in order to rectify this?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When you use the replacement driver you no longer get automatic handling of the arrow buttons and ok button (and others)...

If you use the replacement driver you need to use something like the MCE Replacement Plugin (available in these forums) or the IR Server Suite (also available in these forums), or HIP/Girder/EventGhost.

Now, the question is, why are you using the replacement driver at all?

The only reason to use the replacement driver in the past was to be able to re-map those buttons, but it sounds like you don't really want to remap any buttons you just want to use a particular blaster plugin for the tv server?

Perhaps you should switch back to the default driver. I don't know of any blasting plugin for the TV Server that would not work with the default driver.

Hope that helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom