mce remote issues in windows 7 (1 Viewer)

antoshka12

February 25, 2008
hey guys!
after installing win7 i have got this weird problem. my remote control wont work properly.
MP doesnt recognize the play, stop, ff, fb, back and info bottons anymore, wich is funny becouse
everything works perfectly in Windows Media Center and in Vista.

7bft

April 13, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
yuppp, got the same issue here. I have not found a solution yet. tryed ir server, which actually enables me to start mediaportal with the green button, but then no buttons at all work in mediaportal. if I uninstall ir server the behaviour is the same as yours. if you come across a solution let me know.... cheerz and happy tinkering with windows 7....

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Simply no driver support, this is happening to people including myself, where nothing is really designed to work with windows 7, same went for Vista before it was unleashed on the public.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Got MCE-remote to work!!

I struggled the whole evening with this, and noticed using ir server suite that the problem was not with the drivers, but with the communication between input service and the mediaportal plugin. I don't know if this is the reason why things didn't work from the start, but I noticed that Windows7 defaults to IPv6. when doing a ping to localhost , you get this:
    C:\Users\htpc>ping localhost

Pinging htpc-PC [::1] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from ::1: time<1ms

The first line says that my machines name is htpc-PC, So i tried pinging that:
    C:\Users\htpc>ping htpc-PC

Pinging htpc-PC [fe80::753c:936c:6af5:2590%12] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from fe80::753c:936c:6af5:2590%12: time<1ms

So I tried changig server from localhost to htpc-PC inside the MCE-Control plugin, and suddenly everything worked.

Setup:
    Windows 7
    MP 1 + Latest svn (15/02/09)
    IRSS Test Build 1.4.2.2627
    (Changed registrysettings as stated on "you don't need Replacement driver")

Hope that helps you guys enjoy 7 with remote.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For me it wasn't just the MCE remote that was causing issues with W7 32bit it was also the automatic refresh changer, built into the latest SVN build, that either stopped working or never did work (noted when I checked if it actually did change to 24hz). The screen notification would pop up to indicate a change but the refresh rate remained the same.

Also, just to try it out, even though I configured MP to use an external player, MPC Home Cinema, it would not launch but use the internal one.

Running under vista 32 both the remote and refresh rate changing works perfectly well. Also using an external player works fine, even though I now use the internal one.

r_a_s_robin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2008
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good job figgering it out Lyxalig. On vista i didn't use that IRSS plugin. But now with the small change of 'localhost' --> 'computername' it makes my MCE remote come alive again! :)

mortenbn

June 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks Lyxalig

Will try this tonight!

Got MCE-remote to work!!

So I tried changig server from localhost to htpc-PC inside the MCE-Control plugin, and suddenly everything worked.

Do you do this in IR Suite, or?

:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom