MCE Remote Lags (1 Viewer)

oosie

July 1, 2011
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi All,
I am new to Media Portal, and very glad I discovered it. I almost gave up on Media Centres as I could never find one that works for me (until now maybe??)

I have spent the last week searching the net and forums to see if I can find the reason for this issue, but to no avail. It is probably not Media portal specific as I am getting this same issue in Windows Vista media center.

The problem is that my remote “lags”. It is a Pinnicle PCTV Media Center Kit remote. It comes standard with a IR receiver / blaster and installs under the HID devices in device manager as a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver.
The remote usually handles the first button press correctly, i.e. pressing “up” immediately registers and it scrolls up on the screen. Subsequent button presses has no effect. And then suddenly it registers again and the screen scrolls. This is the case for all buttons on the remote.

I Installed EG and it showed me that the receiver receives every button press, but only every now and then it registers the actual button I pressed (for example “Up”). All the other presses is registered as an UNKNOWN Hex value. Then, suddenly it registers a known command (for example “LEFT”).

Holding the button down also registers once, then a bunch of unknown commands then a known button press and a bunch of unknowns.

I am really clueless on this. No idea why this is happening.
Could anyone possibly shed any light on this?
Thx in advance.

MaxVCad

Portal Member
December 18, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using this media center remote: http://www.warcom.com.au/shop_image/product/5461804bf17ff4bce43ae4c9a8139f1d.jpg

Batteries are fresh, I don't get lag when using any other programs, just MP.

I really only care about getting no lag when adjusting volume. I have to hold the volume button down for a few seconds and then the volume changes really unpredictably. Sometimes by 1 notch, sometimes it will go all the way to mute.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    that looks like a hauppauge mce remote, so should show up in Device manager as ehome receiver.

Ok now to find your lag, what you can try is download and run the DPC latency Tool, leave it running in the background, now run MP have a play around for at least 30 minutes.

See if there have been any errors shown in the tool.

Most of these kind of things are driver related, this will prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom