MCE Remote not usable with dual screen setup while using both screens

Discussion in '1.0.2 and SVN Builds' started by Sander-SP, August 23, 2009.

1. Sander-SP

Sander-SP Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Xface
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64
    CPU Type: C2D e8400
    HDD: -
    Memory: 4gb OCZ
    Motherboard: Gigabyte x38
    Video Card: Sapphire HD4870
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 9.6
    Sound Card: onboard
    Sound Card AC3: onboard
    Sound Card Driver: realtek
    Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote model: 1039
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have a dual screen setup. 1 TV and 1 PC monitor. I always used to work on the PC while my girlfriend used MP on the TV.

I owned a strange X10 remote that i got to work on MediaPortal with a lot of effort. I wanted something easier so I bought a MCE remote.

Now when I work on the PC while my girlfriend uses MP, MP loses focus. I imagine that always was the case, but with this MCE remote, the remote starts to control my PC when MP is out of focus. Therefore it isn't usable anymore.

I think that with my previous remote, windows didn't know what to do with the commands so the commands where restricted to MediaPortal. Therefore, mediaportal probably didn't need to be in focus to use the remote.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!