MCE remote number keys problems (1 Viewer)

LudoJ

Portal Member
August 21, 2006
France
Home Country
France France
Hi guys,

I'm using Windows MCE remote for MP. Everything is ok, exept for the number key.

Indeed, I have a French keyboard (Yes, I know, nobody is perfect;) ) instead of sending 12345..., the remote sends &é"'(... which is the codes of teh keys when CAPS LOCK is off... And as you can imagine, it does not works with MP...

If I turn CAPS LOCK ON, good keys are send to MP and it works, but I don't want to do that as I'm not using teh computer only for MP...

So, do you have any idea on how to configure the remote to send 123... instead of &é" ?

Or any idea to configure MP so that it recognazes &é"... as numbers keys...

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have used the HP version of the MCE remote (100% compatible with MS MCE as far as I know) for MP together with a French wireless keyboard on a French MCE2005 system. I have now updated the OS to English XP pro using the same French hardware.

I have not seen this problem. So there is hope for you!

To make sure I understand you correctly;
    When you press the number keys (0,1,2, ... , 9) on your infra red remote control MP takes them as !,@,#, ... (or whatever is on the French keyboard, I only have an English at hand here)?

You use the 'MCE remote' input in MP?

I use HIP and the message plug-in in MP, instead of the 'MCE remote input' which for 100% sure could solve your problem, but would probably be more complicated than necessary. I'll be happy to experiment a bit with the 'MCE remote input' for you.

VdR

LudoJ

Portal Member
    August 21, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    To make sure I understand you correctly;
    When you press the number keys (0,1,2, ... , 9) on your infra red remote control MP takes them as !,@,#, ... (or whatever is on the French keyboard, I only have an English at hand here)?
    Yes, that's it. I have those characters even in notepad... Unless I set CAP LOCK...

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Even in notepad, so it is not the mapping in MP.

What OS do you use? What is the language of your OS? (sorry for asking that, just your 'my system')

What are the regional settings and what input language have you selected (all referring to Windows not MP).

What s/w and driver do you use to for the MCE remote?

VdR

LudoJ

Portal Member
    August 21, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I use Windows XP Pro SP2 French
    All the regional settings are set to French and I use a French Keyboard.

For the MCE remote driver, I use the default one from Windows.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would that be the eHome drivers that also come with Windows MCE?

Have you tried what happens if you change the input language. You can do this per application so you can try for word pad and if this works try for MP. Would mess up the use of your keyboard under MP, but give guidance on the direction to find a solution.

VdR

LudoJ

Portal Member
    August 21, 2006
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, if I set the language to UK for MP, it works fine...

Anyway, I've juste discovered that a MCE replacement Pluggin was existing. I've tried it, and everything works fine... :D :D :D

So, I'll keep that solution...

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very Good.

The MCE replacement plug-in is cool!

VdR

ScabTech

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Grenoble
    Home Country
    France France
    Same Pbm but Plugin not compatible with MP1.0RC1

I'have same pbm but cannot use the plugin described as it is not compatible with MP1.0 RC1.

So any other idea. ?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom