MCE Remote only allowing 2 digits when changing channels (1 Viewer)

stourm

June 28, 2006
Guys, if this is posted somewhere else I am sorry, I did look. I am new to MP just tonight, and I have spent the last 6 hours straight getting it set up, fumbling through the forum posts, downloading. Man, what a nightmare. Finally it seems like everything is working except for one thing. I use Direct TV satellite and have an MCE remote. I signed up for the zap2it stuff and am now getting the channel listings. I downloaded myblaster, and my remote now changes channels on my set top box. The direct TV box is connected via s-video to a hauppage 150. The problem I have now is that when I try to change channels using the remote number pad, it only allows me 2 digits, and of course all of my channels are 3 digits so it never changes. Only changes when I use the channel up/down keys or use the channel guide. I noticed in the configuration portion of the MP under remote there is a section called USBUIRT which looks like it does EXACTLY what anyone would need as far as changing channels, including allowing 3 digits, but it says that I have no USBUIRT driver installed and I never could find anyone who had it working with the MCE stuff, so I settled on myblaster. Can anyone tell me what I have overlooked that will allow me to change channels proper? Thanks guys. It's 1:20 a.m. and since I have to be up for work in about 5 hours I think I am calling this done for the night. I hope I have many posts berating me for being a noob along with directions on fixing this problem when I look at this tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom