MCE remote problems with My Videos (1 Viewer)

f0zen007

April 28, 2008
MCE remote ( All keys ) works fine under on MCE2005 , however when running mediaportal , I can navigate and start a video , but I cannot control ( stop , pause fast forward etc ) the film using any of the keys other than to switch it off . No one else appears to have had this problem so I guess I'm missing something . Do I need to try a plugin ( maybe Girder ?? ) or new driver .
I also struggled mapping keys ( Couldn't find instructions )

f0zen007

April 28, 2008
The remote is model no. VRC-1100 , Vista MCE Remote control , which I purchased off Ebay & came from Canada . I will add additional info when I get home .

Cheers

eskimoblue

Portal Member
May 17, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've been having the exact same problem with my Cyberlink "MCE" remote and MediaPortal. It works perfect in MCE and TheaterTek, but It'd only naviagate the menus allow selecting menu items in MediaPortal.

Changing the setting to HID in MediaPortal worked a treat :D

SirLoinOfBee

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Home Country
At the risk of reviving a dead thread, I have found a solution that works for ALL buttons on my newly acquired VRC-1100. Given that some buttons send keyboard shortcuts, all you need is to install this plugin: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - KeyboardInputPlugin and set the keyboard shorcuts sent by the remote (detectable) to be responded to by MediaPortal.

ambstuc

July 12, 2009
East Yorkshire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well done Sir Loin, just bought the same old VRC-1100 and was disappointed that it just represents *several* HID devices, HIP reports "error starting interface to HID", and configuring keys like the "POWER" key even in Girder was impossible because it just sends the computer into sleep mode. Still have not found a way of changing the keycodes that come in from the driver - any ideas? Anyway - the KeyboardInputPlugin works great apart from a few keys - the number pad, the power button, and the "info" button mainly. As you wrote you were able to configure "ALL buttons" - how did you manage to configure those if I may ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom