MCE remote reciever to extend IR other devices (1 Viewer)

gumdigger

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
Hi
My remote does not have a clear sight of the the amp in the cabinet, hence i was wondering if its possible to extend IR signal using the MCE remote controls receiver. I noticed there are two inputs for IR eye's. I use Media Portal and instead of MCE remote control i use Harmony one. I have two different activities set for MP and SKY.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
AW: MCE remote reciever to extend IR other devices

you need one IR eye, (one was in the package of my mce remote reciever) and for example eventghost (software). Evenghost gets the signal from your remote and sends an infrared signal through the IR eye to the amp. (the ir eyes have an 50 to 80 cm long Kabel).

gumdigger

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
Re: AW: MCE remote reciever to extend IR other devices

you need one IR eye, (one was in the package of my mce remote reciever) and for example eventghost (software). Evenghost gets the signal from your remote and sends an infrared signal through the IR eye to the amp. (the ir eyes have an 50 to 80 cm long Kabel).

Thanks for our reply. I sockets for 2 eyes on that reciever and the packaging included 2 eyes aswel. Does this mean i can control amp and something else also?

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

in short you need eventghost and the plugin mce remote for win 7 / Vista. (for eventghsot)

There you need install the service, perhaps restart and then look if the remote sends command to eventghost.
The make a new makro, make a new order (dont know the english word correctly in german its Befehl, the lego-like icon) and chosse mce remote- transmit ir. Learn an order and test it inside eventghost. THen you can combine this order with an action ( the lightning)...

thats in short all you need...

gumdigger

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
Re: AW: MCE remote reciever to extend IR other devices

in short you need eventghost and the plugin mce remote for win 7 / Vista. (for eventghsot)

There you need install the service, perhaps restart and then look if the remote sends command to eventghost.
The make a new makro, make a new order (dont know the english word correctly in german its Befehl, the lego-like icon) and chosse mce remote- transmit ir. Learn an order and test it inside eventghost. THen you can combine this order with an action ( the lightning)...

thats in short all you need...

I followed what you said, but a bit lost.
I use a activity "HTPC" on my harmony one remote to (control tv, amp, htpc). likewise when i press htpc i want to be able to turn on amp, tv, htpc by aiming my remote only at the MCE remote receiver.

Now i have a spare eye that i have connected behind MCE receiver and the other end is stuck on the amps IR receiver, in Eventghost i created a macro and learn IR code by pressing the activity "HTPC". this does not work, my amp doesn't react.

But if i learn IR code of power off/on this turns my amp on/off.

Question is how do i setup event ghost so my amp reacts on the push of the activity button, i believe there are events, actions but bit confused.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

if the eye is able to send power off/on command via eventghost, than the first step is done.

YOu have now a macro with the an lego like icon with the amp power off /on toogle ( the lego like icon with a green area) should have a name like this: Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista/Win7: Transmit IR: 0000 006F 0000 002A 0150 00A6 0016 0013 0016 0015 0015 0015 0016 003E 0015 003E 0016 003E 0016 0013 0016 003E 0016 003E 0015 003E 0016 0015 0015 0015 0016 0013 0016 0015 0015 0015 0016 0013 0016 0015 0015 0015 0)

What you need now is the action, when this command should be executed. (icon for this is an lightning)

THis could be the start of a programm, or another signal from your remote. (is eventghost reacting to key presses of your remote? on the left side in the prgramm window)

easiest way would be to teach eventghost to react on the power on/off signal (amp) of your remote, and then just resend the same signal via i-eye to the hidden amp.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
You dont want to learn the activity of your remote, eventghost has to learn the on/off ir-code of the original remote of the amp. Than you make a new action, this action should react on the activity HTPC and then send the on/off ir code to the amp.

Alright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom