MCE Remote Remapping Suggestion (1 Viewer)

optymind

Portal Member
November 2, 2007
There are a bunch of keys missing to remap. The arrow keys, the ok button are all missing from the remap as well as other random keys. It would be nice to be able to remap all keys, or at least know what the codes are and people could write in the code and function in the xml :)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yep, that's why I made the MCE Replacement plugin and now the IR Server Suite.

By default you can't remap those buttons because they are converted to keyboard buttons by the driver.

MediaPortal uses the MCE Remote's HID driver to get button presses. If you want to remap the arrows (and others) then you need to disable the HID driver or switch to the replacement driver (which doesn't have a HID driver, but I don't recommend it anymore).

Of course, without a HID driver MediaPortal can't get button presses from the remote (and the mce keyboard wouldn't work either). The way around that is to talk directly to the device and decode the IR signals it is receiving. This is what IR Server Suite does. It lets you remap any button and works on XP or Vista.

Depending on your setup you could use Girder, HIP or EventGhost to do the same thing. But if you want a fully integrated solution then you should try IR Server Suite (linked in my signature). Read the docs first to make sure you know what you're getting yourself in to :)

Hope that helps,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom