MCE remote(s) suddenly stopped working (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I tried this tool HID Demo which shows that there are no reactions to any button presses. Do you expect that MePo will recognize anything else?
    No it won't. Try to understand where the problem lies. Is the remote? Is the receiver? Is it the PC hardware? Is it Windows?

Can you try your receiver on another PC?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You might be right ... USB and receiver is working - as I said there is a light flashing whenever I press a remote button.
    But what is still curious is the fact, that I have two identical receivers and both don't work. One might be broken, but two?

Thanks for your help anyway ... I will tell if I find some way to get it working.

Missed 'two RX units' - now that is bizarre and a total buggeration:oops:

Occam would therefore suggest problem with system then - possibly the drivers are mincing the output before it gets as far as being recognised as valid keyboard input [W10 updates have a reputation:eek:.

Do you have keyboard plugged in at same time [assume yes otherwise with no IR you can't control system at all] so can you test with the keyboard unplugged [ideally from boot], also as per MM's suggestion check RX unit on another device - laptop would do, using the QiPress tool to confirm it?

Cheers - JCMP

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Occam would therefore suggest problem with system then - possibly the drivers are mincing the output before it gets as far as being recognised as valid keyboard input [W10 updates have a reputation:eek:.
    ...which is exactly why I've asked for log files.

I want to see:
    1. Whether Windows updates were installed recently, and if yes, which ones.
    2. Which files Windows is loading as the driver for the receiver. I've seen cases where security software entangled itself with remote control receiver and/or tuner drivers and caused them to stop working properly.
    So @MrCrabs please provide log files!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom