MCE Remote setup help (1 Viewer)

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
I just got my MCE Remote (Model: 1039) and i was trying to set it up in MP. I also want to use the 2 IR emitters that come with it to control my STB (Dreambox DM600) and TV. The remote on its own worked just fine with no problems when I connected it and selected Microsoft MCE under the Remotes tab in MP config.

All worked well, but now I wanted to get the emitters working, so I turned to IR Server Suite (1.0.4.1). Now I got really lost (I did try to look around for a how-to here but could not find a straight forward setup guide :( )

This is what I got so far:
In order to get the remote to work in MP:
1. I un-checked the Microsoft MCE under the Remotes tab in MP config
2. Went to the IR Server Suite's Translator and added under Programs [Mediaportal] and started adding the codes for the remote one by one
==> here comes my first question: is there not an easier way to get the remote to work with MP? or do i have to manually add each command this way?

My second question is:
I got the MCEIrAPI and did the test to see if the emitters are working. I tested on a few commands and it worked fine. Now when I add a new IR Command in the IR Server Suite, none of them work ??

I would really appreciate any help I could get :D

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
I finally got it to work. Here is what I done:
- Uninstalled everything
- reinstalled MP + latest SVN
- installed the MCE Replacement Plugin
- unchecked any remote from the remotes tab
- in the MCE Replacement Plugin config screen:
- under Options I ticked Extended Login & Enable MCE Remote​
- under IR Commands I added the codes for my TV​
- under Multi-Mapping I added another remote for my TV and mapped the key to it​
and that's it.

Very important: delete the reg keys as mentioned in https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/214180-post366.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom