MCE Remote stopped working after upgrading 1.0.2 --> 1.1.0 (1 Viewer)

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi:

I had MP 1.0.2 with IRSS 1.4.2.3158 working fine, but yesterday I took the plunge and upgraded to MP 1.1.0 Final, and I have also upgraded IRSS to 1.4.2.3664. Now, my MCE remote no longer works - the arrow keys, play/stop buttons, back etc stopped working. In fact, the entire MCE remote stopped working after upgrading to 3664.

I also noticed that with 3664, TrayLauncher.exe is no longer present. I use TrayLauncher quite a bit as I programmed MP to start when I press the green "Microsoft/Home" button.

Does anyone has any ideas what I have done wrong?

Thanks.

Zepman

Portal Member
July 28, 2010
Hi:

I had MP 1.0.2 with IRSS 1.4.2.3158 working fine, but yesterday I took the plunge and upgraded to MP 1.1.0 Final, and I have also upgraded IRSS to 1.4.2.3664. Now, my MCE remote no longer works - the arrow keys, play/stop buttons, back etc stopped working. In fact, the entire MCE remote stopped working after upgrading to 3664.
Start MediaPortal Configuration and open the configuration dialog of the IRSS plugin. After that, close MediaPortal Configuration again by pressing OK. Sometimes plugins need to be initialized by MediaPortal Configuration before they can be used. If this still doesn't work, check the Debug Client (included with the IRSS installation package) if the signals are received by IRSS.

I also noticed that with 3664, TrayLauncher.exe is no longer present. I use TrayLauncher quite a bit as I programmed MP to start when I press the green "Microsoft/Home" button.
Tray Launcher isn't included anymore because it's redundant. You can install Translator with IRSS (it's included in the installation package) to replace it's functionality. Don't worry, it's easy to configure the Home button to start MediaPortal with it. :)

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Zepman:

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I may have fixed the issue - the Debug Tool definitely helped! :)

What I did was I have to go into the IRSS Control Plugin with MP, and delete my remote model/key mappings (I had MCE Remote (full) selected), and add a new remote call "Abstract Remote Model" and it works. The prompt to use this was the Debug tool reporting "Abstract", followed by the key I pressed. At least I am pleased that it works now.

As for the TrayLauncher, I enabled the MP Tray option within MP 1.1.0's 3rd Party Plugin option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom