MCE remote stopped working (MCE replacement) (1 Viewer)

Joon4s

Portal Member
February 29, 2008
So I just recently configured MP to work on my desktop pc in a second monitor. Yesterday I bought AMD x2 6400+ to replace my old x2 4000+. So I installed it today and started to watch a movie. At first MP didn't start from the green button (mptray). Then I started it manually but the remote didn't react to anything. So finally I got it working after I unplugged MCE remote receiver from the extension cable and installed it back. When I disabled MCE replacement, it worked just fine. Now I can't get MCE replacement to work anymore. Even MP control plugin doesn't work.

Remote or the receiver can't be broken since they work just fine without the plugins. Event ir suite translator picks up signals just fine. But somehow MP just doesn't register these buttons. Most of the time MP is passive when I use it, so I really need these plugins to work.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok it sounds like you're using bits & pieces from a few different source ...

If you want to use IR Server Suite then you can't use:
    1. The MCE Replacement Plugin.
    2. MpTray.
    3. MediaPortal's built-in MCE remote support.

If you want to use IR Server Suite then you should use the MP Control plugin and the Tray Launcher (or Translator).

I would suggest uninstalling IR Server Suite, cleaning up anything else that's laying around (MP Tray, MCE Replacement Plugin, etc) and then reinstall the latest version of IR Server Suite (1.0.4.2 Preview 6).

If you set it all up again and still have problems then reply with your log files attached and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Joon4s

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    I did a fresh install of mediaportal and ir suite server, still no response. It only works when CodeSetNum0-CodeSetNum3 are in the registry, but even then only the arrow buttons work. I tried even the debugger, all button presses are registered on it, but MP just doesn't do anything.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that IRtray works, I can start MP with it without problems.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you send me your Input Service log, you can find it from the Log Files link in the IR Server Suite start menu folder.

cheers,

Joon4s

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Sorry about that. Here's the correct log file.

EDIT: Did a fresh install of windows xp and mediaportal, the remote works just fine even when I didn't even have it enabled in mediaportal settings. When I delete those registry keys and use MP control plugin, nothing. I don't understand this at all, it worked perfectly before and suddenly it doesn't work at all.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The input service log is showing all sorts of button presses received, but they don't match the usual MCE remote codes ... is your remote genuine Microsoft MCE? Check the version numbers on the under-side of the remote and receiver.

Also, check the remote batteries.

If it's not a "regular" mce remote then you'll need to make a new remote map for it ... I've posted a test app that can gather the remote button codes.

The test app cannot run at the same time as the Input Service or it will interfere.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom