MCE Remote to control settop box, settings?! (1 Viewer)

chrstein

Portal Member
February 9, 2006
Hi,

I have installed the HIP program and programmed it to forward IR signals to my amp and cable tv settop box. It works fine to program my MCE Remote (european ver) to my liking in HIP. I use the MCE/eHome IR tranciever that followed the MCE remote.

The problem is to control the cable tv box in MP. I would like it to change channels when I select channels from the tv guide in mytv. This would make it possible for me to program tv recordings and let MP change to the right channel for recording.
Is this not possible to do with the eHome IR tranciever? I can't find any settings for this in the MP setup. I would like to setup MP's tv channel guide/epg to use the same IR codes that HIP lets me use for each tv channel in my cable tv box.
(My english could be better, hope I'm able to get my point across)

I haven't yet got the tv signal into my computer, but my epg is set up with my channels and works fine. If I can get it to control my cable tv box I'll get myself a video-in/tv -card.

I hope anyone else have had the same issues with setting up the MCE remote. I'll be very thankful for any help on this problem.

-Christoffer

Oh, and here is my system info, just in case;
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: MS-6380E (MSI)
TV Card Model: -
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1360x768
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

farregat

December 22, 2005
Christoffer,

Have found a solution for your problem yet? I have the same problem, I have hard time finding how to connect my settop box to Mediaportal without loosing the MP functionality.

Greetings,

Jeroen

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    try the MyBlaster plugin for MP - search the forums. it is independant of HIP so you'll need to use its configuration app to have it learn your set top box remote buttons.

I use it to have MP change Foxtel channels on my STB. In MP configuration make sure the channel numbers are set to the right ones that need to be blasted to your STB.

Hope that helps.

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I have just finished setting mine up to do this with Hip.

I used MPExCmd to call Hipsend which is mapped in Hip to the remote for my STB.

The blasters have a terrible range and so they are selloptaped to the front of my STB, but it all works brilliantly.

Im sure there are other ways, but I found nothing but dead ends with MyBlaster, which may have just been me not being able to work it our propoerly.

There is enough information on Hip, Hipsend and the MpExCmd plugin to get you going, you might just have to spend a wee while paying around like I did to fully understand how it all fits together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom