MCE Remote to Control STB (1 Viewer)

jwolf

December 20, 2005
I have been configuring MP and setting up my PVR for about 6 weeks now and I finally am able to capture the output of my set-top box, but I am unable to control the box using my MCE remote. Yes, I have programmed the volume and on buttons, but how do I control all the functions of the box using the remote? I know this question has definitely been answered, but I was unable to find any information.

I have tried using HIP, but I am unsure how to configure sending IR signals to my STB. I have also tried using the USBIRT page in the set-up, but I get an error for each button I am asked to press (likely due to the fact that I don't know where to download the drivers). If someone knows of a method to essentially, press each and every key on the STB remote and teach them accordingly to the MCE remote, please advise. Thank you.

jwolf

December 20, 2005
WILL LOVE YOU LONG TIME IF YOU HELP!

Sorry, I forgot to post this (I'm new at this)...

Area: Media Portal Hardware
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.80GHz
Memory: 510 MB
Motherboard: 0C2425 (Dell Computer Corp.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR500MCE (b)
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Diamond S85 128mb Ddr Radeon 9250 Pci ()
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I am unable to change channels on my set top box using the MCE remote and IR blaster. The transceiver flashes when I press buttons on both the MCE and STB remote, but I have absolutely no clue how to teach the remote to change channels. I have tried many methods, but am clueless how to install them & get them to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom