MCE Remote volume control not working in RC2? (1 Viewer)

OgdenP

Portal Pro
August 12, 2007
Home Country
Is anyone else finding that the MCE Remote is no longer able to control volume level since installing RC2? I am able to control the volume fine with the keyboard and the configuration looks correct (I haven't changed the mapping from the defaults).

I've tried resetting the mapping with no change. Does anyone have any other suggestion to get the volume control working again on my remote?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seen another POST with the same problem, but cannot find it, anyway try 2 things, plug the receiver into another usb port, if that does not work, uninstall ehome receiver from device manager, unplug receiver and reboot, then plug in and let windows reinstall.

Just in case it is a case of the volume button has been PROGRAMMED on the handset itself, here's the View attachment 10580 showing how to reset.

your the 3rd person who has had this problem, mine and i take it the vast majority have not suffered this.

Regards

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Please post your system specs, there could be something there which it's the cause(like OS)

Regards
    Roy

OgdenP

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Seen another POST with the same problem, but cannot find it, anyway try 2 things, plug the receiver into another usb port, if that does not work, uninstall ehome receiver from device manager, unplug receiver and reboot, then plug in and let windows reinstall.

Just in case it is a case of the volume button has been PROGRAMMED on the handset itself, here's the View attachment 10580 showing how to reset.

your the 3rd person who has had this problem, mine and i take it the vast majority have not suffered this.

Regards

D'oh! :oops: You've hit the nail right on the head.

I had recently moved the HTPC back into the other room while I'm trying out the new RC2 and SVN's and it is currently connected to a standard PC monitor, not my 37" LCD HDTV. I had forgotten that I had programmed the volume control to suit the TV.

Thanks!

Hi,
    Please post your system specs, there could be something there which it's the cause(like OS)

Regards
    Roy

System specs are available from the pull down list under my user name, as yours are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom