MCE Remote + Windows 7, not all buttons working!? (1 Viewer)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey i have a little problem... I'm not sure if it's related to newest Mediaportal or Windows 7 x64...

But the problem is that all my buttons on the MCE remote is not working any more... Ex. Play Pause, Stop, Forward etc etc etc... In fact the only buttons which are now working is:
Power PC, Botton up, Button Down, button Left, Button right, OK, Mute :mad:

So how can i get my buttons to work again!??

EDIT: If i use LM Remote Keymap, to view the commands beeing send to the computer, when pressing buttons on the remote... I can see the program recieves All the above mentioned buttons that does not work perfectly...

So if that program recieve the STOP, START, REW Etc Etc perfectly... It must be Mediaportal which is not working!??

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

What is that!? And what should i download!?

i was going to give a detailed explanation but i guess i will take the easy way as you did...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/ir-server-suite-documentation-26837/

Read!

But why can't i just install a Vista driver? Or if it's mediaportal which is not working properly (which i think it is) is there going to be an update on mediaportal? Because it was working perfect in v. 1.0.0.0.

LM Remote Keymap can pickup signals from the MCE remote just fine... (Every button on the MCE remote gets recognized with correct assigned "keymap" Stop, Play, Volume, 1, 2, 3 etc etc etc...
    So as far as i can see the computer can recieve the commands from the IR. But NOT pass them through to Mediaportal!?

I have just tested my MCE Remote on Windows 7 Media Center, with standard Windows 7 drivers... And the buttons work perfectly now!!!! Therefore there must be a big BUG in Mediaportal, letting mediaportal only pick up command from the following buttons:

OK, Navigation (Up, down, right, left), mute and Power On/down!!

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is that!? And what should i download!?

i was going to give a detailed explanation but i guess i will take the easy way as you did...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/ir-server-suite-documentation-26837/

Read!

But why can't i just install a Vista driver? Or if it's mediaportal which is not working properly (which i think it is) is there going to be an update on mediaportal? Because it was working perfect in v. 1.0.0.0.

LM Remote Keymap can pickup signals from the MCE remote just fine... (Every button on the MCE remote gets recognized with correct assigned "keymap" Stop, Play, Volume, 1, 2, 3 etc etc etc...
    So as far as i can see the computer can recieve the commands from the IR. But NOT pass them through to Mediaportal!?

I have just tested my MCE Remote on Windows 7 Media Center, with standard Windows 7 drivers... And the buttons work perfectly now!!!! Therefore there must be a big BUG in Mediaportal, letting mediaportal only pick up command from the following buttons:

OK, Navigation (Up, down, right, left), mute and Power On/down!!

This will be fixed in MediaPortal 1.1.0.

regards
    chefkoch

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    rasmuskarlsen, did you ever solve this problem?

I just upgraded to Win7 x64 from x86 and noticed that the same buttons also dont work. Worked fine in Win7 x86. Im using MP 1.2 Beta.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Problem solved, was the built in IR receiver on my Fusion case...it was interfering with my standalone MCE receiver. I figured I disabled it but it wasn't! Why do they ship expensive cases with rubbish receivers!

markku_maenpaa

Portal Member
    March 30, 2005
    Hi all,

Similar problem was driving me crazy as well. I had XP PRO based MP with original Microsoft MCE remote & receiver. It worked fine. I made a new MP with Windows 7 PRO X64 and suddenly the same remote & receiver would not work correctly. As I noticed that builtin IR receiver with Antec Fusion cases was causing similar trouble I began checking out the hardware in my machine. I have a BlackGold BGT3620 dual tuner card and it seems it has also a IR receiver builtin. It did not come with any remote, so I did not think of it at first. There was no way to disable it from driver level. Here is what I did: I removed the Microsoft receiver. After that I disabled all HID devices (except USB mouse) I could find. One thing I could not disable was the ehome receiver itself (no option for it). After I disabled all HID devices I put the MS receiver back in and remote started working as it should.

I hope this helps some of you.

Markku

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem solved, was the built in IR receiver on my Fusion case...it was interfering with my standalone MCE receiver. I figured I disabled it but it wasn't! Why do they ship expensive cases with rubbish receivers!

I have also an antec fusion IR and an mce remote. how do i get that config to work properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom